• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

amd 4600x2 what stepping you got

Associate
OP
marv_1 said:
Now I see why, that a 240mm fan in there? no wonder yours is cool.

Ive got an Akasa eclipse 62 with 2 x 120 fans in it and my mb temps are lower than my previious case.

As I have been told its to do with hot weather and paste needs to cycle and settle. Will see how it is after a few days.

iv'e got the akasa case as well but with three 120 mm fans modded

That does seem high for idle, are u using the zalman paste? might just need to bed in same as mine but reseating might do it

Associate
OP
bluesouljah said:
End of panic, installed the dual core optimiser and everything now seems back to normal with core centre, just showing a steady 2411mhz
yes i put the amd optimiser in then played game for two hours seemed fine no stuttering

Associate
Okay, not sure if its the weather, but it now idles at between 40 and 43 degrees (just had a huge hail storm, so I guess that's cranked up the humidity factor a bit). Did some video endoding (AVi-DVD MPeg2) and it hits about 47. Not sure if you'd consider that full load.

Mud

Mud

Soldato
Not sure which is my CPU temp, but I'm guessing it's the 38'C. PC has been on all evening doing TV and web sort of thing...used AS5 and the stock cooler.

Soldato
Mud said:
Not sure which is my CPU temp, but I'm guessing it's the 38'C. PC has been on all evening doing TV and web sort of thing...used AS5 and the stock cooler.

you got F@H on there?
that will tell you what its like under presure, also you can leave it on after and help the team!

Mud

Mud

Soldato
Just installed and ran, not quite sure what I'm doing though...I don't have much time on my hands atm (got this new CPU and I'll now be on a power station for weeks/months :(), I'll give this a serious go when I've got some time.

Soldato
damn i got my 4600 yesterday so excited i slapped it into my mobo and forgot to take down the details.

I put on a Artic cooler 64 , thing was a nightmare to get onto the cpu.

but well chuffed with it :)

Associate
right people, done some overclocking on this babe today, managed to get a steady 2.6ghz, leave it for a few days then try again, my 4400+ peaked @ 2.8ghz, I wonder how far this one will go.

Associate
dark4orz said:
right people, done some overclocking on this babe today, managed to get a steady 2.6ghz, leave it for a few days then try again, my 4400+ peaked @ 2.8ghz, I wonder how far this one will go.

Good start already, I ran prime torture test default for about an hour before bed and it was around 47-48. Better than night before 50-53. Will leave clocking for about a week as I would like temps to come down a bit more

Soldato
Mine just arrived, was shipped 4:30 last night and seems to be a later stepping than all those listed so far.

ADA4600DAA5BV
LDBHE 0601SPCW

:D

Done some hunting around for info and have found a few people on XS running these at 3ghz watercooled :D Guess what, I am going to watercool it :p

Cya,
Sam C

Last edited:
Associate
samcat said:
Mine just arrived, was shipped 4:30 last night and seems to be a later stepping than all those listed so far.

ADA4600DAA5BV
LDBHE 0601SPCW

:D

Done some hunting around for info and have found a few people on XS running these at 3ghz watercooled :D Guess what, I am going to watercool it :p

Snap, exactly the same as mine delivered 3 minutes ago.

Not water cooling though. Trying to decide whether to use the stock cooler or my old Arctic Freezer 64 - can anyone comment on the noise level of the stock cooler?

Associate
OP
marv_1 said:
How have u modded your case to get 3 fans in there, have u got one on top blowing out?
Did u try reseating it again and how r yr temps?
a rather bizzare solution i'm afraid because i went sli the temps inside my case went quite high ,so my solution was to screw to akasa 120mm fans together and place them on the exhaust. i wasn't sure if they would interfere with each other but putting them on a fan controller i'm able to balance them together if i put my hand at the back you can feel the sweetspot when they are both pulling together. i managed to drop the case temps by about another eight centigrade , i wanted to post a thread on this bizzare solution but i don't know how to put images on here yet? yes reseated idleing at low 40's now i'm still not entirely happy maybe i will have another go :)

Back
Top Bottom