amd 6300 cooling

Man of Honour
HI,

just bought a new rig and it has come with a stock amd cooler.

I have a Advance X11 case with 2 side fans and an intake and exhaust, i have replaced both those with apache fans https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-061-AK which has helped reduce temps a tad, but now im looking at a new cooler.

not wanting to spend a fortune and just wanting to achieve a better oc than the 4050 mhz i have now (max temp 71 in prime roughly 60 outsde of prime)

Unsure as to whether a 120mm fan and heatsink will fit and i also need to worry about not blocking the 4x4gb corsair vengeance ram or the radeon 7850 GC

I was looking at the aidos when it comes in stock or maybe the argon 92 mm or the pico.

Anyone else got any recommendations or advice to offer?

thanks

Corsiar h55 or above will cool that fine, they only get hot when pusing the vcore past 1.4v, also you may have to put a 80mm over the vrm's but it depend's on what motherboard you have.

Edit: Max temp should be 62c, dont worry about idle temps if it say's around 10c-20c as FX's cpu's do not get the right temp reading till around 40c.

Last edited:
Soldato
There are much lower priced coolers with as good ro better performance available.
Why spend £61.99 for a CLC when for £29.99 something like the Alpenfohn Matterhorn give similar or better performance?

Only question is what is your CPU clearance? A quick Google didn't find the CPU clearance for your case. Could you measure from surface of motherboard to inside of side cover for us? If you have 166mm or more the Matterhorn will fit.

Back
Top Bottom