• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD announce EPYC

Soldato
Epyc, just launched for Datacentre, this is Naples. :)

Link to the AMD EPYC product page - http://www.amd.com/en/products/epyc

Research paper showing hte benefits of EPYC single socket soluiton. - http://www.amd.com/system/files/2017-05/TIRIAS-AMD-Single-Socket-Server.pdf

EPYC Features
  • A highly scalable, 32-core System-on-a-chip (SoC) design, with support for two high-performance threads per core
  • Industry-leading memory bandwidth, with 8 channels of memory per EPYC device3. In a dual-socket server, support for up to 32 DIMMS of DDR4 on 16 memory channels, delivering up to 4 terabytes of total memory capacity
  • Complete SoC with fully integrated, high-speed I/O supporting 128 lanes of PCIe® 3, negating the need for a separate chip-set
  • Highly-optimized cache structure for high-performance, energy-efficient computing
  • Infinity Fabric coherent interconnect for two EPYC CPUs in a dual-socket system
  • Dedicated security hardware
“Today’s single-socket server offerings push buyers toward purchasing a more expensive two-socket server just to get the memory bandwidth and I/O they need to support the compute performance of the cores,” said Matthew Eastwood, senior vice president, IDC. “There are no fully-featured, high-performance server processors available today in a single-socket configuration. EPYC changes that dynamic by offering a single-processor solution that delivers the right-sized number of high-performance cores, memory, and I/O for today’s workloads.”

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
That demo was Epyc!!

They just showed them having already seeded over 5000+ OEMs, and Partners with it; and with it launching in June!

AMD are killing it tonight; they haven't had such a great product stack, and staggered launch since the Athlon 64, and Opteron days.

9bab183b59d44c8792a0d10659c8259f.png

Associate
The name doesn't do much for me, but can anyone tell me why knights landing is any better by name? I thought that was meh and just as bad.

Back
Top Bottom