Associate
Hi

Looking to pick up my first rig mainly for gaming and productivity (mainly gamedev, art etc) however as a student I'm on a reasonably tight budget. Been offered the following rig for £500 and would love to know what people think. Seems like a good deal but I'm unsure whether I could pick up a better deal later down the line or if I look to build a rig myself. Specs are as follows:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 CPU
Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX580 8Gb GPU
Klevv Bolt X 16Gb DDR4 3200Mhz memory
MSI A320M Pro Max motherboard
Torosus 256Gb Gen3 M.2 NVME primary drive
2x Western Digital 1Tb HDD’s in RAID 0 (2Tb usable)
Aerocool Cylon 700w semi modular power supply
AMD Wraith Prism ARGB CPU cooler
BitFenix Phenom Micro ATX case 5x PWM ARGB fans

As someone who is pretty inexperienced with what makes a well rounded rig any advice would be greatly appreciated :D

Associate
It's got a graphics card which is more than you will find elsewhere if you want to game..

Just look on the bay about what individual components are worth.

At a guess cpu 80.. Gpu 250??(was only 100 a few months ago) ram 50-60..psu 60..mobo 40... Case 40.. hdds??

Soldato
Hi

Looking to pick up my first rig mainly for gaming and productivity (mainly gamedev, art etc) however as a student I'm on a reasonably tight budget. Been offered the following rig for £500 and would love to know what people think. Seems like a good deal but I'm unsure whether I could pick up a better deal later down the line or if I look to build a rig myself. Specs are as follows:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 CPU
Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX580 8Gb GPU
Klevv Bolt X 16Gb DDR4 3200Mhz memory
MSI A320M Pro Max motherboard
Torosus 256Gb Gen3 M.2 NVME primary drive
2x Western Digital 1Tb HDD’s in RAID 0 (2Tb usable)
Aerocool Cylon 700w semi modular power supply
AMD Wraith Prism ARGB CPU cooler
BitFenix Phenom Micro ATX case 5x PWM ARGB fans

As someone who is pretty inexperienced with what makes a well rounded rig any advice would be greatly appreciated :D

Aside from the GPU shortage as mentioned....

Never heard of the RAM treat is as cheap unbranded
Motherboard is entry level but but thats problably not a problem
Torossus m.2 is unbranded rain forest rubbish
PSU is worthless
Case is nice but incredibly cramp and hard to work with, as a novice dont expect to be able to change any components

Soldato
For £500 snap their hand off, it isn't perfect but with the RX580 in there you've got a good deal right now. If you were going to build it new it would cost you £355 excluding the RX580, yes none of the parts are anything to get excited about but you'll easily be able to upgrade it or sell it on at a later date. :)

Back
Top Bottom