• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
That is much closer than I assumed but what struck me more was the superior AMD image quality. I assume due to different brightness settings etc but the BFV sten gun receiver and middle distance buildings stood out as noticeably better on 5700XT. Hitman and many of the games just looked more blurred with the 2080S. I'd like to understand why given the received wisdom is there's no difference in image quality between AMD/Nvidia.

Can't say that i have noticed it at first glance, he may have Radeon Image Sharpening on in some of that, that at around +50 to +70% makes a huge difference to the image quality, i run it globally all the time, i can't play anything without it now....

There is a small few % performance hit running it but when you're effectively getting 4K+ sharpness at 1440P who cares...

I'll have a close look at it later, i'm about to go off line for a bit.

JanW4P6.png

Caporegime
Can't say that i have noticed it at first glance, he may have Radeon Image Sharpening on in some of that, that at around +50 to +70% makes a huge difference to the image quality, i run it globally all the time, i can't play anything without it now....

Ahh well, have to call that one null and void then, if hes making the image quality look better on the 57 by using the Image Sharpening :p

Caporegime
Ahh well, have to call that one null and void then, if hes making the image quality look better on the 57 by using the Image Sharpening :p

lol.. I'm not saying he was tho he may have left that on by mistake in some of those runs. That would be easily done.... If he did the performance is a few % lower than it should be :p :p :p :p :p

I'll have a look at it later....

Soldato
It's not even info, it's just more speculation that will likely change again next week. We've went from a 3090 competitor to 50% faster than 2080ti, to 15% faster than 2080ti. Throw enough **** at the wall and something will stick, and that's all that's occurring at present which is standard practice in the run up to gpu releases.
Since you want to spin it to discuss speculation, rather than insider info (which I am certain was what you were referring to earlier in this thread when discussing this "game" of yours).
Why can't peoples speculations change in the presence of more info? (Do you have proof that GPUs specs do not change at all during development?)
Did Corteks speculate that Big Navi was going to be 50% faster than the 2080ti or a 3090 competitor?
Do you have any proof that coreteks or other people are riding the wave on both the high and low speculations?

Also "3090 competitor" and "50% faster than 2080ti'" are bascially the same thing why did you split them up?

Edit: Example posts

Yup, i still remember the fury x launch, all these tech sites with "insider info" etc were grasping at straws to tell us how much vram it had. One day it was 4, next day it was 8, then it was 6 at one point. Just literally throwing **** at a wall to see what sticks.

It really does boggle the mind about how much of a frenzy gets whipped up about getting a few extra fps in a game with a new card for the most part.

Basically all speculation "sources" or not. Throw enough **** at a wall and some of it is gonna stick. Remember how all the "sources" got the fury x wrong in terms of hbm? One minute it was 4 gig, then 6 gig then 8 gig, then up and down until it was revealed it was 4 gig, then they can point to their 4 gig "source story" and proclaim they were right while sticking their fingers in the ear and whistling Dixie if anyone brings up the articles that "sources" got wrong. Just seems more like tech sites pulling numbers out of the air once they spot an unusual cooler design citing a random $150 to make for clicks++.

Last edited:
Associate
there is no proof of anything either way up nor down, its a 'place ur bets' stake in the ground at best. I'm on board with the 80 CU hype train because without it I'm a sad panda left to Nvidia exploitation which to be fair I've avoided for many cycles but im feeling the green soft toy if AMD aren't stepping up to the mark

really wan to be hearing some 550mm2 and above stories at this point

tbh if they can build a 120 CU acturis core (again subject to wtf etc) then they can bloody well build something larger than then console APU stuff. A 120 CU GPU on RDNA2 and decent clocks would be frightening even Nvidia would be rightly worried about such a thing.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Since you want to spin it to discuss speculation, rather than insider info (which I am certain was what you were referring to earlier in this thread when discussing this "game" of yours).
Why can't peoples speculations change in the presence of more info? (Do you have proof that GPUs specs do not change at all during development?)
Did Corteks speculate that Big Navi was going to be 50% faster than the 2080ti or a 3090 competitor?
Do you have any proof that coreteks or other people are riding the wave on both the high and low speculations?

Also "3090 competitor" and "50% faster than 2080ti'" are bascially the same thing why did you split them up?

Edit: Example posts

If you honestly think i'm trawling through loads of posts on random sites you're sadly mistaken. As for 3090 and 50% fast being the same thing we don't even know what the naming conventions are this time around, there hasn't been a *90 series in the lineup for quite some time, this is yet something else that has cropped up as of late that the ti variant is not going to be their highest end gaming iteration and a supposed *90 will be.

Some specs of a gpu can obviously change due to yields etc, they can disable parts of the core that not might not be 100% functional and make a different SKU out of it if enough have that issue. Clock speeds afaik come much later in development and can change depending on factors such as voltage and cooling.

You keep going on about "Corteks" or to put it properly "Coreteks", until this thread i'd never even heard of the channel. As for proof of sites riding the high and low end, 20+ years of watching gpu launches and seeing rumours and supposed "info" fly in all directions tell me all i need to know as nothing changes.

Soldato
there is no proof of anything either way up nor down, its a 'place ur bets' stake in the ground at best. I'm on board with the 80 CU hype train because without it I'm a sad panda left to Nvidia exploitation which to be fair I've avoided for many cycles but im feeling the green soft toy if AMD aren't stepping up to the mark

really wan to be hearing some 550mm2 and above stories at this point

tbh if they can build a 120 CU acturis core (again subject to wtf etc) then they can bloody well build something larger than then console APU stuff. A 120 CU GPU on RDNA2 and decent clocks would be frightening even Nvidia would be rightly worried about such a thing.

AMD have made a 52cu console apu so we know they most likely will bring out something much bigger and more powerful or we at least know they are capable of doing so. We also know that the ps5 apu has a gpu part that can go to 2200mhz. These facts if combined says AMD can bring a monster gpu to the table if they chose to do so. All the rumours are so far apart it's most likely just crappy guess work from so called reliable sources. Nvidia rumours suggest there chips will be pretty power hungry so AMD do not have to hold back on the clocks if that comes true. I guess if AMD are ready to get back into the high end now is a decent time to try.

Soldato
We made the 200 page anniversary.
:eek:
Dmrz.gif

Soldato
You keep going on about "Corteks" or to put it properly "Coreteks", until this thread i'd never even heard of the channel. As for proof of sites riding the high and low end, 20+ years of watching gpu launches and seeing rumours and supposed "info" fly in all directions tell me all i need to know as nothing changes.

Let me get this straight, you accused all these techtubers of making stuff up and having their foots on both halves of the speculation line. Except you have no idea which techtuber is saying what? (Since this is the first time you've heards of coreteks)

Associate
AMD have made a 52cu console apu so we know they most likely will bring out something much bigger and more powerful or we at least know they are capable of doing so. We also know that the ps5 apu has a gpu part that can go to 2200mhz. These facts if combined says AMD can bring a monster gpu to the table if they chose to do so. All the rumours are so far apart it's most likely just crappy guess work from so called reliable sources. Nvidia rumours suggest there chips will be pretty power hungry so AMD do not have to hold back on the clocks if that comes true. I guess if AMD are ready to get back into the high end now is a decent time to try.

Can go and will go are not the same thing

Caporegime
Let me get this straight, you accused all these techtubers of making stuff up and having their foots on both halves of the speculation line. Except you have no idea which techtuber is saying what? (Since this is the first time you've heards of coreteks)

Is this your first gpu launch or something? Anyone that's been around any amount of time can tell you the exact same thing, we go through this song and dance routine on the run up to every launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom