• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Damn, seems like Horizon zero dawn got the short end of the stick. At least Death Stranding port was great perf with both AMD and NV tech... this on the other hand..

rx580/590/vega56/64/gtx1060..

1080p30fps when the ps4 pro ( equivalent gpu ) runs it at 1800p30? No FFX, no DLSS even though same engine as DS. Hopefully a patch will fix it.

https://www.computerbase.de/2020-08/horizon-zero-dawn-benchmark-test/2/

That's got to be a driver problem with the GCN based cards. On the plus side Navi based cards punching above there price points. Radeon 7 is also gcn and while it's not doing great it's still performing half decent in comparison so definitely something up with these results.

Something else really weird with the results is going from 1080p to 4k you would think would yield unplayable results on all cards due to how taxing it is at 1080p but most of the top end cards would be playable in this type of game.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The Tweet read to me like satire, rather than a "serious" rumour/leak. Someone taking the pee. Like they'd use the "Zen2" code-name for the Navi2 GPU to make things as confusing as possible, a blatant knock on Zen 3 being the 4000 series (if you have to explain the joke...)

WCCF seem to have run with it as if it were genuine info. Not that that would surprise anyone.

Soldato
Damn, seems like Horizon zero dawn got the short end of the stick. At least Death Stranding port was great perf with both AMD and NV tech... this on the other hand..

rx580/590/vega56/64/gtx1060..

1080p30fps when the ps4 pro ( equivalent gpu ) runs it at 1800p30? No FFX, no DLSS even though same engine as DS. Hopefully a patch will fix it.

https://www.computerbase.de/2020-08/horizon-zero-dawn-benchmark-test/2/

Hope this isn't another poor PC port or is it just that demanding for current gen?
Anyway they is ment to be a patch on release

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7425...one-update-when-it-launches-friday/index.html

Soldato
And then I stopped watching when he poo-pooed performance rumours by saying the 5700 XT needs to be 350% stronger to be 50% stronger than the 2080 Ti.

Commented a rant about it too :p
You too??
He has a tendency of putting his foot in his mouth. Which is why I do not subscribe to him. He has a tendency to over embellish and exaggerate When comparing the differences between AMD and Nvidia.

Also the prodigal writing on the wall is now happening since AMD is now in both consoles. I feel sorry for those who bought a 2060s thinking that it would be on park to a 5700 XT.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think you people need to stop being so afraid. To the degree in which you must convince others of your own insecurities.No one here in the past few hours made any decree, as fact, to the performance. And Jay has no clue to the performance. So using him as a point of authority is a fallacy.

Furthermore your proclamation could also apply to the 3080 TI hypocrite. So stop trying but to bombastically cull excitement for the card. We will know the performance soon enough.

You do realize i'm being pedantic? the 2080TI is about 40 to 50% faster than the 5700XT, so the 5700XT would need to double in performance to be 50% faster than the 2080TI, no one knows if Big Navi will achieve that, its all speculation tho rumours are Big Navi is literally twice the 5700XT.

JayZ2Cents proclamation that the 5700XT would have to be 350% faster to be 2080TI +50% is so far off the mark its utterly ridiculous. Of course 350% is impossible as he says, its nowhere near 350% needed tho is it? its less than a third of that.

Soldato
You do realize i'm being pedantic? the 2080TI is about 40 to 50% faster than the 5700XT, so the 5700XT would need to double in performance to be 50% faster than the 2080TI, no one knows if Big Navi will achieve that, its all speculation tho rumours are Big Navi is literally twice the 5700XT.

JayZ2Cents proclamation that the 5700XT would have to be 350% faster to be 2080TI +50% is so far off the mark its utterly ridiculous. Of course 350% is impossible as he says, its nowhere near 350% needed tho is it?

Hahahaha no he really thought you were being serious hence his reply. I am sure if he re-reads what you said it will be clear.

Soldato

JayZ2Cents proclamation that the 5700XT would have to be 350% faster to be 2080TI +50% is so far off the mark its utterly ridiculous. Of course 350% is impossible as he says, its nowhere near 350% needed tho is it? its less than a third of that.
Oh my apology. I miss read and took it literally :(

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
JayZ2Cents proclamation that the 5700XT would have to be 350% faster to be 2080TI +50% is so far off the mark its utterly ridiculous.

Yeah he is a funny character but I actually thought that was one of his best shot video's as it was amusing and laid back. The detail though is always mediocre and for a guy who has lots of tech experience the youtuber boo-boos seem to be too frequent to be a schoolboy error.

Caporegime
Yeah he is a funny character but I actually thought that was one of his best shot video's as it was amusing and laid back. The detail though is always mediocre and for a guy who has lots of tech experience the youtuber boo-boos seem to be too frequent to be a schoolboy error.

I like him, i do, he is a lot of fun, but yes his tech knowledge is terrible, he has no idea and regularly makes idiotic statements, this one is completely ridiculous tho... i mean think for 2 minutes before you say something.

Soldato
I use to watch a lot of Jay videos and got the impression he was a shill. Not necessarily a paid one. Just very Pro Nvidia with contacts within Nvidia AIBs to get free stuff.

He used to be very hyper critical of AMD until his own fan base turned on. Now he's more dismissive.

Ultimately he has no conviction that AMD is going to be anywhere near competitive. Which is why I'm surprised AMD sampling him. The last I heard he was banned. Which I believe when he says it happens in Cycles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom