• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
But the 7 does destroy a 2080... In compute :D

Which to be fair is why I got it :)

Yep, if your also into mining, crunching (like people realised since covid, but its been open and available for over twenty years), AI or science work - there are cards that double over as the game machine, one of the reasons why the Vega was purchased! :)

Soldato
Can we argue about power draw again that was fun...
Ah yeah, those were the days. Power draw and drivers. It's nostalgic as I think about it. Going back and forth through history "remember this happend with nvidia?"
"nah, nah, AMD drivers is why I pay more for nvidia"
It's like going to one of those dinner theaters and you are so immersed in the back and forth you poke the stake on your fork on the side of your cheek.

Associate
Unless AMD bring their own DLSS, I don't think they stand a chance against Nvidia's new offerings. DLSS 2.0 is a gamechanger - massive FPS boost with little downside in IQ.

Caporegime
Unless AMD bring their own DLSS, I don't think they stand a chance against Nvidia's new offerings. DLSS 2.0 is a gamechanger - massive FPS boost with little downside in IQ.

AMD already have something similar.

Native 4K left, AMD image Sharpening Middle, NVidia original blurry mess DLSS right.

Just in case your blind.... the best Image quality is the AMD one in the middle.

Yes i'm going to bring this up everytime someone makes a daft "But DLSS" blurt"

LvqGzmE.png

Soldato
No other newly released games are said to use it. Sony release Death Stranding with it yes. But Sony's other release Horizon Dawn Zero doesn't use it. You do realize that DLSS 2.0 is just a one hit wonder with Death Strand?

Soldato
BAHAHA some people are still posting pictures of battlefield V, now that's tragic - we'll have to add "but they said DLSS is blurry" and "no one cares about ray tracing" to the Clown meme

Caporegime
Think he means 2.0. I'm hoping AMD counter it with an improved CAS implementation...

The thing is AMD's solution was always pretty good from day 1, It showed up DLSS for how bad it was, yes DLSS 2 is much better but you have to look hard to see the difference between DLSS 2 and AMD's existing solution.

A lot of Nvidia people like to think AMD don't have their own solution and never will, they do and its already pretty good.

Soldato
BAHAHA some people are still posting pictures of battlefield V, now that's tragic - we'll have to add "but they said DLSS is blurry" and "no one cares about ray tracing" to the Clown meme
I have to wonder why is it that other developers devalue DLSS though? Because these new game releases aren't using it. So if developers aren't using it why would AMD need to "get on board" meme when developers aren't that confident in it themselves. Sure, we know CP2077 will have it However, if there is no other AAA titles that use DLSS X.X it will only be 2 AAA titles. :D

It's like making a mountain out of ant hill.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
The thing is AMD's solution was always pretty good from day 1, It showed up DLSS for how bad it was, yes DLSS 2 is much better but you have to look hard to see the difference between DLSS 2 and AMD's existing solution.

A lot of Nvidia people like to think AMD don't have their own solution and never will, they do and its already pretty good.

Doesnt the DLSS require lots of compute power, firstly game is selected, then a perfect frame is rendered using their in house supercomputer - this is then passed back to the (very few games) users via software updates??

Considering people whinge and moan about being save the planet and eco-friendly energy and all that, this isnt a 'free' solution when you consider all the effort involved here.

Caporegime
Doesnt the DLSS require lots of compute power, firstly game is selected, then a perfect frame is rendered using their in house supercomputer - this is then passed back to the (very few games) users via software updates??

Considering people whinge and moan about being save the planet and eco-friendly energy and all that, this isnt a 'free' solution when you consider all the effort involved here.

IMO its an overcomplicated specialized and expensive way of doing something, its typical Nvidia, It was the same with PhysX, Bullet and Havoc did the same thing only much more efficiently and didn't require specialized instructions, Same with GameWorks, RTX is a sledgehammer to something that's been done more efficiently for more than a decade, again to run it the way Nvidia have it you need specialized acceleration hardware, G-Sync.... you don't need a dedicated £150 chunk of complex hardware to do that.

Its almost as if Nvidia take what is almost always an existing technology, bastardizes it and turns it into something far more complex and resource expensive than it needs to be and then hope this frightens any competitor off.

And then they wonder why more often than not someone like AMD comes along and makes the whole thing more efficient.

Caporegime
5700XT GamingX is fantastic atm and uses the gsync module in my LG 38" so it's smooth af :)

I probably won't get a new card until there's an RT game that I really really want to play with all the bells and whistles!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom