• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato

Yep
I have already seen just how much ground RDNA 1 5700XT has done in the past couple months. On release this GPU was up against 2070 then they release super because Nvidia knew they had to! 5700XT in the recent titles is now not far from 2080 lol and at 4k its even closer! Honestly, if you people stand back and look the bigger picture NAVI is big and Nvidia like I said they know it!

Soldato
Oh, I'm quite sure. As my conversation was implying the 5700 :p
Besides, when has vega ever been near RDNA 1 in performance? Another strawman, sigh.

It was around 15 FPS slow 64 vs 5700XT
Navi is defo the better GPU but HZD is just a joke towards VEGA its so bad its funny! I mean since when did a RX 590 come close to VEGA lol

Its not just AMD GPU either 1060 etc from Nvidia is struggling! That game is focused on the latest 2060 upwards and 5700 from AMD thats it! Anything else below you in for a bad time.

Caporegime
Yep
I have already seen just how much ground RDNA 1 5700XT has done in the past couple months. On release this GPU was up against 2070 then they release super because Nvidia knew they had to! 5700XT in the recent titles is now not far from 2080 lol and at 4k its even closer! Honestly, if you people stand back and look the bigger picture NAVI is big and Nvidia like I said they know it!

The 5700 series is becoming a good GPU, AMD are always slow to get the most out of new architectures, look at the R9 290X, it started out life about 20% slower than a 780TI, it ended its life 20% faster.

Its already gone from a 2070 competitor to being a 2080 competitor.

Soldato
It was around 15 FPS slow 64 vs 5700XT
Navi is defo the better GPU but HZD is just a joke towards VEGA its so bad its funny! I mean since when did a RX 590 come close to VEGA lol

Its not just AMD GPU either 1060 etc from Nvidia is struggling! That game is focused on the latest 2060 upwards and 5700 from AMD thats it! Anything else below you in for a bad time.
Lets remember something though. This isn't your typical console port from MS. It's from Sony. And although poorly covered by Digital Foundry (something I mentioned before) pcie Bandwidth appears to be an issue with this title. And, it's possible RTG might forward a driver for Vega that could correct it.

Are driver issues better than they were 2-3 months ago?
Yes, since 20.7.1 they've improved performance (at least for the 5700 series).

Last edited:
Soldato

And yet the 5700xt is on par, if not better in performance then a 2070s. Yet, still better then a 2070s in Price to performance ratio.
And this is all coming from the last 3-5 newly released PC gaming titles. RTG has been hitting home runs with RNDA 1 this past few months.

Things are indeed looking well for RDNA 2.

Last edited:
Soldato
Are AMD nerfing Vega cards?

It does look like that, and Polaris...

Who knows, both are GCN.

I would say no and the reason for that is DirectX 12 and this can also be said for Vulkan. These APIs are in the hands of the devs Nvidia and AMD don't really have much control over games when it comes to them using these APIs. The issue here is this game was handled by a studio that is known for poor PC ports plus the fact Sony probably didn't give them much time and cost you then have a team working on this with a focus for latest and greatest that is why you see the 20 series and Navi running this fine everything else just has been pushed to the side.

Now time will tell if we see a performance patch to fix older GPUs but for now, this is what we have.

Caporegime

And yet the 5700xt is on par in performance. Yet, still better then a 2070s in Price to performance ratio.
And this is all coming from the last 4-5 newly released PC gaming titles. RTG has been hitting home runs with RNDA 1 this past few months.

It starts on parr, the higher the IQ the 5700XT pulls ahead. check my screenshot with this one, right at the bottom, 86 vs 90, the 2080 at the same settings is 88.

Caporegime
I would say no and the reason for that is DirectX 12 and this can also be said for Vulkan. These APIs are in the hands of the devs Nvidia and AMD don't really have much control over games when it comes to them using these APIs. The issue here is this game was handled by a studio that is known for poor PC ports plus the fact Sony probably didn't give them much time and cost you then have a team working on this with a focus for latest and greatest that is why you see the 20 series and Navi running this fine everything else just has been pushed to the side.

Now time will tell if we see a performance patch to fix older GPUs but for now, this is what we have.

Its quite possible in working on getting Navi Drivers the best they can the old GCN architecture is completely neglected, its all hands on RDNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom