• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
People are already "voting with their wallets". The Titan RTX is faster than the 2080ti but it seems even e-ballers care about how much performance they get for their money at some point.
I always tease 2080ti owners with the Titan RTX and suddenly they care about value for money :rolleyes:

Soldato
Think I read about a PCB burning out a resistor on 2080ti, but that was probably a isolated case.

I had a EVGA 2080ti and the chip literally blew up. The top right hand corner cracked off and it was all charred, burnt and melted. EVGA swapped it out on warranty no questions asked.

I think there is a picture of it on here somewhere or maybe one of the image platforms I use would have to check.

Soldato
Thanks for using that strategy guys and keeping prices low, it's working really really well so far!

:D

Actually that grin of yours is misplaced :) cause voting with the wallet is exactly what I've done. There is a reason why I'm running a vega 64 outside of the price I got it for. However, it takes more than a few of us to actually put our money where our mouths are if it is going to have an effect.

Caporegime
Actually that grin of yours is misplaced :) cause voting with the wallet is exactly what I've done. There is a reason why I'm running a vega 64 outside of the price I got it for. However, it takes more than a few of us to actually put our money where our mouths are.

And I bought a 2080Ti for the price of a 2080S, we all view things differently.

Associate

But yeah the RDNA2's cards will have to be proven to be game stable or that's going to be a show stopper for me, nothing annoys me more than instability / random crash outs.
I hope the reviewers cover that particular area in detail (like they should).
Reviewers have previously complained that due to NDA and driver release constraints they've had very little time to complete reviews. Waiting for later / updated reviews seems prudent.

Associate
Yes, that's ridiculous when the NDA coincides exactly with the release and order time. It's okayish if it's only a paper launch but if there's physical stock available, it's a bit dishonest on behalf of the manufacturers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Hear hear. :)

One thing you need to bear in mind though, is the status symbol aspect; some people actually like to pay over the odds for a particular product because it makes them feel they have access to something that others haven't, an exclusivity complex so to speak.

That's why you get people buying £60k cars when they commute by train and spend most weekends on the lash. I have a neighbor who's absolutely lovely car has seen more washes than miles. :p

<angry forumite> But its their money now im getting really upset with you!</angry> *presses Report button for mods*

Soldato
It’s been proven time and time again that ‘vote with your wallet’, ‘boycott’ etc barely makes a difference, in other words, it doesn’t work. It’s always a vocal minority that bothers with these things. From games to electronics to companies doing questionable things... nothing changes. If you can convince everyone? Sure. Gl with that, cant even convince people to wear masks during the pandemic cause deep state, bill gheitz, muh freedomz and other stupid crap. So if they dont care when their life is at stake, what makes you think you can convince everyone to ‘boycott/vote with their wallet’?

Most people dont even read/post on forums. They just buy and enjoy or.. don’t buy.

I understand your point and it is true. What I do or don't will not make a dent on its own. It's sad really that so few are able to see the long-lasting consequences of their actions and only care about the here and now gains they can have.

Here's a thought. Maybe if enough didn't pay insane prices for silicon, that should be at most half of what it cost, we would get lower prices in the future or the company would go bust. If I were a company I'd rather sell cheaper than go bust. If we let ourselves to be exploited, we will be for as long as we allow it.

Soldato
Would pee myself laughing if that actually happened :D :D :D

It probably will happen. Its sad when only a few years ago £600,would get you the best gaming GPU of the generation,ie,a GTX980TI. Looks like what many of use feared would happen,when the Titan series legitimised luxury priced GPUs,and that mainstream/entry level gamers would start to also start gettin screwed over.

Let's see if the "mid-range" RTX3060 is between £400~£500.

Soldato
It probably will happen. Its sad when only a few years ago £600,would get you the best gaming GPU of the generation,ie,a GTX980TI. Looks like what many of use feared would happen,when the Titan series legitimised luxury priced GPUs,and that mainstream/entry level gamers would start to also start gettin screwed over.

Let's see if the "mid-range" RTX3060 is between £400~£500.
if the RTX 3060 or 2160 or whatever it is going to be named launches at that price, I really hope the hall stays silent. Similar to this moment at 23:29.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom