• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
That is still a long long way off and as I said, unless they do in consoles then it will be **** on pc like before where it works on some games and not others and then you get stuttering etc.

Micro-stuttering is normally caused by CPU bottleneck.
It's very weird how in the past CrossFire was used when this technology was much worse and DX12 didn't exist, and now when they have all the conditions to improve CrossFire and Microsoft assists with its API, AMD removed any CrossFire support from the cards such as RX 5700 Xt.
It is a nasty awful card.

Soldato
Depends on the price, I am eyeing up a move from my Samsung NU7400 to an OLED next year, but a more powerful GPU at the right price may be tempting, I can only go for one or the other.

PRIORITIES!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Micro-stuttering is normally caused by CPU bottleneck.
It's very weird how in the past CrossFire was used when this technology was much worse and DX12 didn't exist, and now when they have all the conditions to improve CrossFire and Microsoft assists with its API, AMD removed any CrossFire support from the cards such as RX 5700 Xt.
It is a nasty awful card.
Crossfire and SLI are dead bro. Let it go. Have you seen any marketing done for either of these recently? The devs do not want to do any work for it. The work to reward ratio for them is not there.

Permabanned
Have you seen any marketing done for either of these recently?

Explicit-DX12-Support.png
[/

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Come to think about that was from when 480 came out and Raja was still at AMD. Ages ago. They used that slide as a marketing tool to combat the 1080. How can you not see that is just the marketing department and not a slide to be taken seriously? :o

Caporegime
OP
I for one hope AMD do have a 3080Ti competitor. Top end choice is only good for us consumers and with Intel coming, prices all round will hopefully be competitive again.

Associate
I don't know, we've heard this one before. BUT, the rDNA architecture looks pretty decent having seen it in the 5700/X.

Hopefully it can scale well to the full fat chip, then we might see a top end competitive card. Hopefully AMD can surprise us, in a good way this time.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It depends on the size. The bigger (the chip), the better. Hopefully around 550 mm^2.
Well I am rooting for AMD to bring out something that handily beats the 2080 Ti and for £500. Just don't see it happening.

I remember being super disappointed when Fury X and Vega came out. They cost the same or more than the 980Ti and 1080Ti and performed worse. Not to mention we had to wait a long time after the nvidia cards were already out. Lol

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Have a look at the link in my sıg to see how many gpu's I have had since back then. Lol

I agree they age better, which I like and think it is great. So would always recommend it to people who do not upgrade often. But for me that is not much of an advantage personally as by the time it catches up or surprises I will have had quite a few cards.

You cannot deny on release it was poor for the price and had 2gb less ram than the 980Ti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom