• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Why are some of you getting so mad over clickbaiters/shills/corperate simps/ fanboys etc..Some of you need to look in the mirror youre no different.

Blind fanboyism is real, some of you get a moral compass when people play the same game as you. :confused:

Bit agressive aint ya? "I want to complain about you lot complaining", kinda vibe.

Soldato
The rumor mill suggest the top card is the 6800 that competes with the 3080, I hold put hope AMD know the Ti's are coming and have a secret 6900 or something to launch tomorrow as well, as it has been hinted they have an AMD exclusive top card. We shall know in a few hours time.
The 3080ti is already out (a.k.a the 3090) so they have a target there.

Considering that the 3080 is already going all out the 3070ti can't been seen stepping on its toes. So they can easily guess what that will be and aim for the middle.

Soldato
Yer that stunk to high heaven and surprised me greatly, though Steve has also been totally defending nvidia and the stock situation claiming its just "Higher than normal demand not a stock shortage".

Lost allot of respect for Gamer Nexus the last couple weeks.

Am not watching them any more. It's just hard to find ones that don't seem like paid shills. Have enjoyed the Red Gaming Tech ones lately as a recent discovery.

Soldato
There's money to be made off haters just as there is from fan clicks.

You look like a massive tool doing it but a click is a click.

Bingo, follow the money. Very few people won't take the money when offered. That's what surprises me about the audiences of reviewers, if you want unbiased reviews you have to pay for it. If manufacturers advertise, loan or gift products or in any way offer inducements the reviews will be compromised. If every subscriber paid £1 a month they'd have a nice income and give independent reviews. That's why I joined Hardware Unboxed patreon, they seem to be thorough and fairly neutral.

Associate
Am not watching them any more. It's just hard to find ones that don't seem like paid shills. Have enjoyed the Red Gaming Tech ones lately as a recent discovery.

tin-foil-hat.png

Associate
Considering I'd get a new TV out of it, I can put up with that for a year until new GPU's arrive - aren't many RT/DLSS game out right now anyway

God,
let the RX6900XT be slower by 5% than the RTX3090
:D

That's why I joined Hardware Unboxed
Ah, dunno, i follow techpowerup. Those youtubers dont seem to do thorough research work like updating performance results on a regular basis and such. Most dont have a review framework/TOC etc.

Last edited:

DDH

DDH

Associate
If the 6900XT is faster than the 3090 and comes in at $749, I will right now cancel my 3090 order and swap to the 6900XT and use the money saved to upgrade my TV to the LG CX so I can use freesync

If your lucky NVIDIA will pull a whole heap of ga102 chips out their ass overnight for the 3080ti if AMD beats the 3080 by enough

Soldato
If your lucky NVIDIA will pull a whole heap of ga102 chips out their ass overnight for the 3080ti if AMD beats the 3080 by enough
The Moores law is dead Image that shows AMD and Nvidia fighting as Godzilla and King kong(?) comes to mind. I hope we see a good fight between the two of them tomorrow. Shame I can't watch the event.

@CAT-THE-FIFTH (I think I got the right person) will you be creating a reveal thread tomorrow?

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Bingo, follow the money. Very few people won't take the money when offered. That's what surprises me about the audiences of reviewers, if you want unbiased reviews you have to pay for it. If manufacturers advertise, loan or gift products or in any way offer inducements the reviews will be compromised. If every subscriber paid £1 a month they'd have a nice income and give independent reviews. That's why I joined Hardware Unboxed patreon, they seem to be thorough and fairly neutral.

While I'd love a truly independent critic/reviewer, if they were financially secure without handouts from Nvidia/AMD and their AIB's they'd have to wait until a product was released for sale before trying to get hold of one, then they'd have to actually spend time reviewing, which could take anywhere up to a week after release.

You know how impatient people get, just look on here and youtube comments to see the mentality of people, they simply have no patience to wait up to a week after a product is released before buying.

Associate
While I'd love a truly independent critic/reviewer, if they were financially secure without handouts from Nvidia/AMD and their AIB's they'd have to wait until a product was released for sale before trying to get hold of one, then they'd have to actually spend time reviewing, which could take anywhere up to a week after release.

You know how impatient people get, just look on here and youtube comments to see the mentality of people, they simply have no patience to wait up to a week after a product is released before buying.

Because if you wait a week after launch you are gonna wait until next year for delivery, and besides post launch reviews are just as skewed and bias in the majority.

Associate
I'd like to see the GA100 and built on TSMC 7nm - even though I wouldn't buy it, cause it'd be f off expensive (my estimates put it at 40% faster than 3090 for 100% more price)
Theres already an A100 54 biliion transistors 300W TBP @ $10k...
works out to 20 years of my graphics card budget
So, i would be only checking that out in LTT videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom