• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Perhaps already been stated but just read a post stating AIB cards will be available a few days after reference cards.
Here's hoping that "available" in AMD speak means a reasonable number of people can actually buy them as opposed to they exist in a theoretical void where many models people have given OC money for aren't even being manufactured yet.

Associate
Really hoping AMD give me a viable option to get off the non oc 3080 Asus TUF queue. Don't like the thought that it'll be the dregs of chips that don't make overclocks if so many are good enough for the oc version.

Associate
They are probably limited in choice with games already tied up in other deals. So have to take what's left over/new i guess?

Guess you got a point there. Nothing coming out this year that’s exciting on pc besides cyberpunk that also got delayed... again.

Just a shame that there’s nothing exciting on that list tbh.

Associate
Here's hoping for some reasonably honest numbers :)
Honest like the (up to) "2 times the performance of the trx2080"?
Marketing will naturally pick focus to make them look good, should be able to get a good idea of how honest they are based on if they choose game benchmarks which are traditionally strong for AMD or Nvidia cards.

Soldato
Honest like the (up to) "2 times the performance of the trx2080"?
Marketing will naturally pick focus to make them look good, should be able to get a good idea of how honest they are based on if they choose game benchmarks which are traditionally strong for AMD or Nvidia cards.

To be fair to them, all their CPU benchmarks have held water this time around? Hopefully they're just upfront about all the numbers in the presentation too.

Right now it's pretty easy to look competent in the GPU space.

Soldato
What's 4k gaming anyway.

Set some stone goalposts for the image quality and fps.

Doesn't take that much to play a 4k slideshow.

Exactly, people have been playing at 4K for nearly 7 years with much weaker hardware. At this rate it'll be another 10 years before we max out full ray tracing at 4k, maybe longer.

Caporegime
We basically know they'll flirt with the Ampere cards in rasterisation performance.

We basically know they'll cost a little less at a given rasterisation level.

We basically know the RT will be weaker.

We won't find out what stock levels are going to be.

We can't even say what we'll have to pay for one, since MSRP apparently holds no sway these days.

Therefore I've concluded that the only reasons I'm excited about tuning into this stream is for the potential for Green tears and to perve over Lisa Su.

Associate
Damn it why can i never get images to embed here correctly lol
4k44u2

4k44u2

4k44u2

Associate
Think you miss read bud, I said the 6800 is the the card to be around or faster than the 3080 (And the 3090 if rumors are true) and the 6900 while only a dream atm I hope it's real, to stick it too the 3080Ti when ever that drops (So it keeps prices and competition back to acceptable levels not Nvidia's dictatorship).

In my head its the 2nd card the unnamed poss 6900 I think that has Nvidia spy's worried not the 6800 cause we all know Daddy Jensen like's to flop his shlong across the internet with a large pack of spatulas for scale, and I'm tired of daddy's lies and beating my wallet till it bleeds just cause he can.

Got you sorry mate, yeh I hope so. Something needs to give, Nvidia are way too dominant and got people totally bewitched right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom