1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gregster, 8 Nov 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stu999

Wise Guy

We don't know the true figures yet, don't start shifting the goalposts already for something that might not even be correct.

People will believe the AMD benchmarks instead of waiting for independent reviews.

On that front let us hope that the cards release soon and reviews are also imminent.

2. KentMan

Hitman

Truth be told, 3080 at its MSRP is a fantastic Product, unfortunately the 3090 is not, and its looking like the 3070 is not either... Nvidia hit it out of the park with the 3080 though at that MSRP, only downside to it is its not as good in Raytracing as we were led to believe, i mean its still capable, but as ive stated numerous times Ray Tracing is not really ready yet for the mass market. But lets all be honest, at £650 the 3080 is incredible, its just a shame you or i will never see it at that price.

3. KentMan

Hitman

In all honesty i normally ignore manufacturer reviews but AMD have been incredibly honest of late with their reviews for CPU's especially, its looking like they may not have even told the entire story on the 5XXX series CPUs and they are actually slightly better than AMD showed funnily enough. Also AMD have shown their shortcomings in game benchmarks on their presentations since the release of Zen, not just showing where they are leading but also where they were losing and needed to improve.

Im fairly certain what we saw from AMD re the GPU was truthful, the only thing is we do not know which GPU was shown.

4. Th0nt

Capodecina

Agree and I think we would be talking so differently about it if they had proper stock and lots of people now played on them. Was a great time to release it, however they ballsed it up, and now its an in demand monster causing scalping and whatnot. Let's hope the upper mid-range is shook up enough that prices creep down over the next few weeks/months and the real gamers can pickup a 3070 class card for under £400 where it should be.

5. Jimbo

Soldato

5pm today uk time if I'm not mistaken. Come on big navi don't be rubbish.

6. Participant

Caporegime

You are mistaken. 4pm UK time.

7. thenewoc

Soldato

4pm

8. Jimbo

Soldato

On even better. I know what I'll be doing at work today then. Desperately trying to peak at my phone lol. Come on team Red.

9. TNA

Capodecina

+1

Make Jensen see red! :D

10. Tiny_D

Hitman

Yes the MSRP is a fantasy number created by Nvidia to look good, the reality is you can't buy them for that money and thats exactly how Nvidia marketing planned it!

It's not even this card that is Nvidia's goal with the MSRP, it's the Ti/Super that comes in 2021 with a massive price tag again closer to the 2080Ti and people will justify it and thank Nvidia as they claim it's value for the extra performance, the fly is AMD's cards and price this time around as Nvidia's marketing campaign only works if they hold the biggest shlong stick.

11. KentMan

Hitman

Its important to remember the MSRP though as it will be used as a stick to beat people with at a later date, so remember it was briefly available at MSRP, and that was a fantastic price for the product.

12. Chrisc

Wise Guy

If thats your thought, then why be in the queue in the first place?

13. Richdog

Caporegime

Surely that's a rhetorical question. :p

14. Slinky69

Gangster

Today's the day then :) Hope the hype train isn't derailed...

15. Chrisc

Wise Guy

Was it that obvious? :p

16. crazy8s

Wise Guy

T minus...

17. opethdisciple

Capodecina

What time is the reveal?

18. Dontrocktheboat

Wise Guy

Cant wait to be jebaited again.

Let do this.>>>>

Come on AMD, its not a big mountain to climb over 5700XT!!!

19. randal

Capodecina

What do you mean later date? Easy beat me with it before they even launched. :D

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/33931744/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.