• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series Compatible Graphics Card

Associate
Hi all, since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro (from Windows 8) my AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series card has been playing up. The issue(s) are that a] it isn't always recognized as being there by the system (sometimes it is recognized, sometime not, no idea why, doesn't appear in 'Device Manager') and b] when it is recognized by the system it works fine visually, but it tends to run at 90°C for no apparent reason, cooling down to 60°C when I point a small fan at it.

I've read many threads about Radeon drivers and Windows 10 but none of the fixes work. I want to buy a new, more up-to-date card that is compatible with the AMD Radeon HD 6900, i.e. one that I can just slot in without changing the PSU or buying extra brackets. My budget is £80 (give or take) so if I'm limited to 1Gb then that's fine. Fan or fanless, loud or quiet, doesn't matter, but it must have an HDMI and be a 'good' card for the price. I'm not a big gamer but I can't use the in-built Intel graphics any longer.

My current machine spec is below; if anyone has got any advice on what could go with then I would appreciate it.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Dell XPS-8300 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
16Gb RAM
L2 Cache Size 1024
AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series 2Gb memory
Monitor - Dell ST2420L
Screen Resolution - 1920x1080
On-board graphics - Intel(R) HD PCI
DC Power Supply - 460W - Input frequency 50/60Hz - Output current 8A/4A

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom