• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon R9 290X - Working, Sold Now Faulty?

Soldato
Sorry for delay in updating you guys....
PayPal froze my account and demanded the full selling amount to be put back into my PayPal account as I was in a 'minus' figure, which I did. eBay then sided with the buyer. As I had refused to accept return, buyer was within eBay's rights to send back to me and charge me for shipping back. When I got it back, I fully checked it and it was the same one I'd sent, however buyer didn't send back the 2 molex power cables! Called eBay CS who said now I have received it back they will credit the buyer. I explained that it's missing the power cables now and he asked for photo evidence!!? I said you want me to send a picture of the cables missing! Madness. He then said I will have to call back the next day to complain that the buyer sent it back incomplete, but he still gets his money back straight away. I didn't bother doing that, and after testing the card again in my PC, it still works fine so I took it to CEX and sold it there. Also, eBay debited my debt card and not take the money from PayPal, so if I didn't have the funds I would have gone overdrawn too! And finally to top it all off the buyer has left negative feedback saying "delivery was late and item was faulty, not happy". Delivery was 2 day Parcelforce and the item wasn't faulty...

So, I was an eBay member for 17 years with 583 100% positive feedback, buyer is a member to just 2 years, 19 feedback at 76%.... and they sided with him, well I'm not going to sell anymore on eBay.
Get your post count to 1000 and the members market will be available to you were you can sell to your own kind.

Soldato
I once sold watch on ebay, the buyer contacted them saying he never received it 3 MONTHS AFTER THE SALE at which point it was too late for me to chase up royal mail. Despite having proof of postage they debited my account through paypal and froze my acc. I've ended up neither watch nor the money in the end.

Never again.

Soldato
the bay just changed their user agreement for buyers so they can deduct direct from your bank account etc. So I'll not sell with ebay anymore. I'll just buy on there and use other specific forums for selling 2nd hand stuff. Ebay'll die slowly now especially as postage has gone up so much and is now deductible as part of the fee. Ebay's had its day for small private sellers now they side with the buyer even in the most ridiculous circumstances where clearly the seller should be remunerated.

Soldato
I've got a few spare parts that are still good lying around bit never had the balls to stick them on eBay for this reason.

Can't find out how to get MM access so do places like cash converters and CEX take computer parts?

cash converter will take computers/devices, but only cex will take parts depending what it is and the age, i usually buy from them or trade to them as far as shops go, otherwise on im facebook or gumtree buying/selling.

i will buy off ebay, but only cash on collection, had issues with an old account and paypal so can anyways, but as a previous buyer/seller it is all bs, surprised ebay still going.

Soldato
I always sell my stuff as 'no returns' to avoid **** like this. Happened to me once, sent a perfectly working motherboard then buyer said it was broken, when he finally returned it I installed and all was ok, he obviously just changed his mind.

Soldato
I've also won against a buyer that tried to return an item. Made the mistake of saying he ordered the wrong item in dispute case, thankfully.

Yeah, i meant as in buyers sending stuff back as faulty or substituting their broken stuff and removing serial numbers.

Ebay couldnt care less, even if you have photos showing the serial numbers are different.

Associate
Yeah, i meant as in buyers sending stuff back as faulty or substituting their broken stuff and removing serial numbers.

Ebay couldnt care less, even if you have photos showing the serial numbers are different.

I haven't sold anything on Ebay for over 18 months, since that dispute, put me right off..

Associate
Wow that proper sucks

But like other members have said eBay is a buyers market now, and if it continues that way it may loose out with people looking elsewhere to sell due to feeling like they are not protected themselves.

Permabanned
Just sold my stripped & modified 290 on Gummy, the buyer called me and we discussed the fact that it was modified and had no cooler, and that he was capable of fitting his own. He paid money to my account, I sent the card and he received it. Flawless transaction.

Soldato
I don't doubt that they are tons of scammers on eBay, but I must be monumentally lucky. Have sold hundreds of items on there (some high value) over the years and can't remember a buyer even attempting to scam me.

G J

G J

Associate
I've had little to no problems on eBay also the only time I got annoyed was way back when someone decided to try and flip some graphics cards that where untested (tho the advert said they where working) and I was unknowingly the tester. Of course he tried what all the people on here say to do and state no returns but he soon changed his mind when I pulled the advert up where he bought them off someone else untested.

Nothing is really going to change with eBay as long as people can make more money selling on there even after fees then elsewhere as People's greed will prevail.

Associate
OP
I don't doubt that they are tons of scammers on eBay, but I must be monumentally lucky. Have sold hundreds of items on there (some high value) over the years and can't remember a buyer even attempting to scam me.

Yeah, I had always been lucky over 17 years! But this guy was an a$$ and with no backing from eBay, that it from me, no more selling on there....

Soldato
Won't make a difference if the buyer claims the item is 'faulty'. It only works if the buyer simply says doesn't want it anymore.
Yeah I sold a faulty xbox 360 on eBay clearly labelled it as faulty no returns, it sold for around £15. The guy that got it off me asked to return it saying it was faulty then opened case with eBay who sided with them.
This guy was also buying faulty xbox's off other people and returning them as faulty.

I couldn't believe eBay sided with them and I lost out on all the postage costs.

Soldato
I've had enough of eBay being ridiculous, I will wait to sell all of my faulty goods list them as "FAULTY" in caps then delete my Paypal account and then change bank accounts just to deal with these unscrupulous people.

Back
Top Bottom