• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RX 6000 Series UK Pricing ?

Associate
Hi All,

Have we had any solid information yet about the UK pricing for the RX 6800 / 6800XT / 6900XT ?

Looking at the 3070 launch pretty much the only card at MSRP was the (almost totally unavailable) founder edition.

From the normal calculation of UDS -> GBP, add 20% tax I i'm guessing these ranges but am unsure as to how much demand / supply will factor in.

6800 -> £540 - £580
6800XT -> £620 - £660
6900XT -> £940 - £1000

@Gibbo any idea when the holding pages and the initial (subject to change) prices will be live on OCUK ?

Soldato
Completely depends on stock.

I bought a Radeon VII on release from OCUK, Feb 2019. They honored MSRP for a few hours, while stocks lasted, so I could get mine for £630 ish. Stock sold out that day, and later stock was much more due to stock issues.

As the RX6000 will be infinitely more popular than the Radeon VII and due to lockdowns increasing demand for home entertainment, I think OCUK would still sell out even if they get 100k cards.

AMD sell their own cards on their website (similar to Nvidia's FE), that will probably be the only place to get MSRP after the first hours have passed.

Associate
Isn't it normally a 1:1 conversion from the $ prices?

So £579 for the 6800 and £659 for the 6800XT?

This>>>>

+ plus this cards will be in big demand.

Scalpers + miners + People with 5 series eco systems will all want one.

Mix in the OCUK price gauge + Brexit + exchange rate + AIB =

you looking at another 10%-15% on top of all that.

================

£579 for 6800 = £650 really AIB

£659 for 6800XT = £750 really AIB

£1000 for 6900XT = No AIB made yet, AMD only but these will be unicorns, not to be seen.

Associate
OP
Isn't it normally a 1:1 conversion from the $ prices?

So £579 for the 6800 and £659 for the 6800XT?

I guess but that's not really the case for the RTX 3000 series (hardly anything available followed that rule)

This>>>>

================

£1000 for 6900XT = No AIB made yet, AMD only but these will be unicorns, not to be seen.

Your almost 100% going to be correct with AIB prices, but I hope your wrong :D

But afaik there will only be AIB sold reference cards on day0 launch ?

Associate
This>>>>

================

Yep. Ouch £650 for 6800 is far too much. 3070 seems to be better value then to be honest.

Associate
I said it before, 3070 FE if you can get it 479£ from nvidia is unbeatable price for the next 3-4 months performance/price bracket.

AMD doesnt have anything in that price range until 6700xt comes out.

Yes true, even up to £530 for the 3rd party models is reasonable but getting a 3070 FE is impossible!

Associate
OP
I could have ordered that £469 3070 yesterday. I was live in stock when I looked on CCL. The funniest thing is the 6800XT is twice the Tflops of a PS5. A sapphire card is a reference pcb as per AMD's presentation. It's nothing fancy but why pay for a fancy cooler to be sat in a box after 2 hours of testing lol.

The issue with the 3070 for me was less seeing one in stock, but more the sites falling over on checkout :(

Yeah EK have water blocks announced for RX6000 so ill be putting one of those on a reference board (https://videocardz.com/newz/ek-preparing-water-blocks-for-amd-radeon-rx-6000-and-ryzen-5000-series)

Associate
Associate
OP
Not a fan of the look of that. Would be nice to use as a new build kit I guess though. My loop is ready just 2 pipes to fit and fill when the time comes!

Yeah I know what you mean, im sure they will have the normal nickel / Acetal line-up as well. That or alphacool will have something nicer looking

Soldato
I don't get some people. These new graphics cards sell out almost immediately. Wether you have loads to sell us is another matter but until cards don't sell out and sit on shelfs gpu prices will continue to esculate and the manufacturers and retailers will smirk and rub thier hands with glee. We already have a mid tier card edging around 700 quid so stop fussing about it and go and do something less boring instead . Bonkers.

Associate
If the 6800 is going to be £580 then I am going to go try and get a 3070. The extra £110 I’m not sure is worth it. AMD really should have priced the 6800 at £499 to ensure total domination of nvidia.

Permabanned
The last time I was in the market for a new gpu was 2013 when I bought an MSI GTX770, it lasted nearly 2 years until it failed and was RMA'd for a 970.

Now it's time to get a new card which I've been saving for and incredibly excited about. I've been following the leaks and the announcements, I've been annoyed by the shortages the bots, the scalpers and now I'm horrified by the prices.

I bought my first PC 23 years ago and now have a large library of Steam games but now I don't think I can afford the components and continue being a PC gamer.
The RX6800 or 3070 (which are the cards I'm interested in) costs the same as the new consoles, if you want to buy one from a scalper then it's the price of a nice car.

What the hell happened?

Associate
The last time I was in the market for a new gpu was 2013 when I bought an MSI GTX770, it lasted nearly 2 years until it failed and was RMA'd for a 970.

Now it's time to get a new card which I've been saving for and incredibly excited about. I've been following the leaks and the announcements, I've been annoyed by the shortages the bots, the scalpers and now I'm horrified by the prices.

I bought my first PC 23 years ago and now have a large library of Steam games but now I don't think I can afford the components and continue being a PC gamer.
The RX6800 or 3070 (which are the cards I'm interested in) costs the same as the new consoles, if you want to buy one from a scalper then it's the price of a nice car.

What the hell happened?
"Research and development", "supply and demand", dollar = pound "just because, so deal with it", "something something Brexit", "low silicon yield, so we'll mark it up by 300%, GDDRX is also expensive, so we'll mark it up by another 300% and give you as little as possible". "ENTHUSIAST" "PROSUMER" "WORKSTATION CARD".

No sarcasm above whatsoever. No sir.

Associate

What the hell happened?

AMD went to sleep after the 7970, so in the last 8 years Nvidia gradually bumped up the price.

Associate

What the hell happened?

Check the prices of PS5 games and accessories before making a comparison...

My first and last console was PS3. It was the cheapest BD player you could buy for movies at 1080p resolution, at that time. I didn't find PS4 to be compelling enough and I'd rather upgrade my GPU for the same price than buy a PS5.

Last edited:
Soldato

What the hell happened?

AMD went to sleep after the 7970, so in the last 8 years Nvidia gradually bumped up the price.
Nothing to do with AMD. We are to blame, consumers. We, by purchasing these overpriced cards are to blame. We’ve accepted the prices hikes. Hell we’ve even justified them. We have facilitated and accepted these prices rises from the manufacturers. We’ve facilitated and accepted them from the resellers. When you see people posting such idiotic statements as, ‘I don’t mind paying a bit more to buy from OcUK because <insert reason of choice>’ It gives the retailer free reign to gouge that little bit more.
when you see people posting idiotic statements like ‘i had to buy nvidia because AMD aren’t competitive at the high end and I need highest of the high end because <insert reason of choice>‘ it empowers nvidia to price how they want.
AMD have seen this and are now just joining in the fun.
This isn’t AMD’s fault for not being competitive in recent years, it’s our fault for being fools.

edit: I’m not knocking nvidia, amd or OcUk. They are businesses who are out to maximise their profits. If they realise their target customers are largely idiotic and prone to being suckers of course they are going to inflate prices as much as possible.

Man of Honour
when you see people posting idiotic statements like ‘i had to buy nvidia because AMD aren’t competitive at the high end and I need highest of the high end because <insert reason of choice>‘ it empowers nvidia to price how they want.

I agree with the rest of what you said but if people genuinely need a high end GPU then they don't exactly have any other choice either buy nVidia or go without so it isn't really idiotic.

Associate
It's mostly down to demand and inflation, a £650 gpu this year cost ~£500 back in 2010.

Be interesting to see how many of the mining farms go from 5700's to 6000 series and which model.

Back
Top Bottom