• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RX 6X00 vs Nvidia Hopper hypothetical

Soldato
Imagine AMD's RX 6X00 performance matches the RTX 3080 and you, like me, have a RTX 2080 Ti. Imagine that Nvidia announce that they will be fast-tracking Hopper development for release 1H2021. Would you wait if availability were not an issue?

For my part, the uplift to the 3080 isn't so high so I'd be very tempted to wait.But what about you?

Associate
Availability is the main issue. If AMD get their product out in good numbers before Nvidia get their act together with their shortages then I would buy AMD if it's on par or better than Nvidia.

Fan boys will wait, those who just want the best card at the time won't, price is also an issue, again fan boys don't care but the mainstream do.

TrM

TrM

Associate
Imagine AMD's RX 6X00 performance matches the RTX 3080 and you, like me, have a RTX 2080 Ti. Imagine that Nvidia announce that they will be fast-tracking Hopper development for release 1H2021. Would you wait if availability were not an issue?

For my part, the uplift to the 3080 isn't so high so I'd be very tempted to wait.But what about you?

I went for a 3080 why wait? The uplift over the card it replaces the 2080 is acctully quite big and a worthwhile upgrade. Whilst amd have a chance to match the 3080 on performance and price and I hope they do.

Permabanned

I predict Hopper will be a huge jump in RT performance. We need software to take advantage of RT first, not just the handful of titles that are RTX based.

Back
Top Bottom