AMD RYZEN 5000 SERIES 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X NOW ONLINE AT OcUK!!

Associate
I ordered mine on 19th still no dispatch. I contacted cs on the forum and they told me 3-5 days for dispatch. Unfortunately I’m needing this quite urgently for work and home schooling the kids. working off a tablet isn’t ideal.

Associate
Thanks for ordering with us - I can confirm that based upon your order date, pending volume and current output it's approx a 3-5 working day dispatch time from the date of order. If the warehouse can ship it sooner then we'll email you to confirm dispatch as soon as we can, apologies for the processing delay we're back logged and getting high volume across all areas at the moment and we're doing what we can with the time, resources and systems we have.

Your order shipped this morning and should arrive by Monday at the latest but may arrive over the weekend depending on DPD processing power. I've refunded your shipping too.

All the best and stay safe :)

6:11pm
Still no dispatch email
Update: got dispatch email, will receive next monday

Last edited:
Associate
After being able to get a 5800X on launch day, if I had to go back and change the CPU I got then I would have gotten the 5600X. The 5600X is significantly easier to cool for one, the 5800X runs hotter than the 3 other currently available chips because of thermal density ( 5900X has a 105W TDP and the thermal load is split into 2 x 6 chiplets ) where as the 5800X has a 105W TDP contained in a single 1 x 8 chiplet. That's a lot of power being forced through one chiplet and thats why its harder to cool than the others. The 5600X's 65W TDP seems to fit this single chiplet design a lot better than the 5800X's 105W TDP and thus is a lot easier to cool, so unless you actually need the extra cores then I suggest you either get the 5600X or if you do need the extra cores then you should wait for a 5900X

Also there's 5600X's in stock here too :D

Last edited:
Associate
After being able to get a 5800X on launch day, if I had to go back and change the CPU I got then I would have gotten the 5600X. The 5600X is significantly easier to cool for one, the 5800X runs hotter than the 3 other currently available chips because of thermal density ( 5900X has a 105W TDP and the thermal load is split into 2 x 6 chiplets ) where as the 5800X has a 105W TDP contained in a single 1 x 8 chiplet. That's a lot of power being forced through one chiplet and thats why its harder to cool than the others. The 5600X's 65W TDP seems to fit this single chiplet design a lot better than the 5800X's 105W TDP and thus is a lot easier to cool, so unless you actually need the extra cores then I suggest you either get the 5600X or if you do need the extra cores then you should wait for a 5900X

Also there's 5600X's in stock here too :D

The 5600X isn't much better on heat. Mine is idling at 50C and hitting 80C in games on 120mm AIO, maxing out my Noctua fan. I think it's because it is constantly using all available thermal headroom to boost up to 4.7 GHz (no OC, no PBO). I don't notice much difference in games vs. my old 3100 (I built ages ago with Zen 3 in mind but everything was out of stock then), and my Geekbench scores come out lower than average. Maybe I just got a bad example. Wishing I got a 3700X when I built and just left it as-is. The 3060 Ti was the best upgrade I ever made, this is less convincing.

Soldato
The 5600X isn't much better on heat. Mine is idling at 50C and hitting 80C in games on 120mm AIO, maxing out my Noctua fan. I think it's because it is constantly using all available thermal headroom to boost up to 4.7 GHz (no OC, no PBO). I don't notice much difference in games vs. my old 3100 (I built ages ago with Zen 3 in mind but everything was out of stock then), and my Geekbench scores come out lower than average. Maybe I just got a bad example. Wishing I got a 3700X when I built and just left it as-is. The 3060 Ti was the best upgrade I ever made, this is less convincing.
I also went from a 3100 to 5600X, also a 3060Ti. Your CPU is much hotter than mine though, I can't get it over 55C on full load and it idles in the twenties. Using a Scythe Mugen 5 cooler. Yours shouldn't be idling at 50C! Maybe check your thermal interface?

Associate
I don't have epic game launcher running but maybe something else such as RGB software is causing the same behaviour. I wonder if it is maybe something to do with the motherboard (Aorus B550I) giving too much current and voltage because my 3100 also idled similarly hot with both the stock and aftermarket cooler. I refitted my EK AIO with EK thermal compound and same results. I am also running a very small mITX system and a 'quiet' fan curve so it doesn't alarm me too much for it to be at 50 °C at 800 rpm on the fan, and the max fan speed is 'only' 1700 rpm when it reaches 80 °C. If I even undervolt by 50mV I get random reboots though, so I think it's just not the best chip example; the RAM is only Ballistix 3200CL16 32GB so I don't think the RAM is causing instability.

Associate
Just saw your above post, its possible, some AMD motherboards especially on Auto tend to use pretty high stock voltage

Edit: Might be worth manually setting EDC/PPT/TDC limits to their 65W defaults, that may help with temps

Defaults for 5600X 65W chip

PPT: 88W
TDC: 60A
EDC: 90A

You can see what they are currently set to on your board by using Ryzen Master

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom