AMD stock cooler

Associate
I ordered some stock coolers (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-000-OP) which just arrived. Sadly they're not the type pictured, they're the heatpipe version. Is it pot luck which type you get or are there only heatpipe coolers available?

I was really looking for the plain block of aluminium type as I had a different purpose in mind for them. Specifically I need to drill and tap some M3 holes on there for mounting power transistors :)

Soldato
Try a post in the OcUK Customer Services Forum - link

They should hopefully be able to advise you as to what stock/versions thay have and perhaps ensure you get the model you require posted out.

Soldato
i was about to barge in here and say that the AMD stock cooler is a POS and way too noisy so you should replace it asap, but i doubt that those transistors will make as much heat as the 955BE, so it should be just fine for what you need

Associate
OP
I forgot about the customer services forum, i'll have to make a thread in there.
edit: From the FAQ:
I am after version XXX of a product can you guarantee me this version?
As we may have mixed batches we would be unable to guarantee which version you would receive unless it is listed on the full product page on the website.
:(

The problem with the heatpipes is they're in the way of the holes I need to drill. Anyone know what's inside them and how nasty it is?

If spleenharvester does end up with the non-heatpipe version I would be quite happy to do a swap, I only have 4 coolers though.

Last edited:
Associate
Got mine today, turns out I'd only ordered 3 :confused: Ah well, must be luck of the draw, 'cause two of them were the heatpipe coolers and one the pathetic little aluminium thing :p

Tell ya what though, these aren't bad for £0.98 at all, keeping my CPU @ 45*c max under linpack compared to my TX3's 40*c. Bet if I could mod a better fan to it it would actually perform better (The heatsinks are similar sized, only differences being shape and the TX3 has one more heatpipe.

Is idling at 31*c right now.

Also, hurricane.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom