• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD X2 AM2 5000+

Associate
easyrider said:
Ok Fair enough.

By the year 2008 AMD just might have a CPU that can rival my conroe now! :p

No fanboy BTW I have been an AMD user in the past.

hehe maybe even by Q2 07 if they bring out the dual core K8L before the quad in 2H 07. We shall see :)
I know your not an Intel fanboy easyrider but you are most certainly a conroe fanboy (in the sense that you push it at every opportunity, not the blindly push it even if something better is out)... for good reason. It is the best cpu on the market right now and for the likes of you who seems to upgrade fairly regularly, there is simply no other choice. For people that don't and when do can't afford the cpu, mobo and ram all at the same time. AM2 is a real considderation.

Caporegime
Kamakazie! said:
hehe maybe even by Q2 07 if they bring out the dual core K8L before the quad in 2H 07. We shall see :)
I know your not an Intel fanboy easyrider but you are most certainly a conroe fanboy (in the sense that you push it at every opportunity, not the blindly push it even if something better is out)... for good reason. It is the best cpu on the market right now and for the likes of you who seems to upgrade fairly regularly, there is simply no other choice. For people that don't and when do can't afford the cpu, mobo and ram all at the same time. AM2 is a real considderation.

But with AM2 you are buying into new mobo and ram and cpu if coming from a S939 setup.

So surely its better to buy the fastest that you can afford at that moment in time.

A conroe system will not need to be upgraded as often due to it being so efficient and fast.

The conroe will not be a bottleneck for some time even with the release of the next gen cards and sli and xfire.

Last edited:
Soldato
easyrider said:
But with AM2 you are buying into new mobo and ram and cpu if coming from a S939 setup.

So surely its better to but the fastest that you can afford.

Totally true! For a little bit extra for SOOO much more!

I wish I was in line to buy a new CPU, mobo and RAM. It's a no brainer! Conroe all the way! Anyone who buys anything else at the moment... well needs help!

EDIT: And notice \/ \/ \/ I'm NOT an Intel FANBOY!

Soldato
InvaderGIR said:
Ok, so I'm looking at getting this (possibly, possibly a E6600...please don't start the whole Conroe argument), but I've been looking around on the web and I can't find a published release date, does anybody here know when the 5000+ is going to/supposidly being released, or if it is at all?

I'm suprised it isn't out yet as it's the best AM2 there is according to the stats (apart from the FX-62) and it's also well priced.

Cheers all

InvG

Always read someone's post in its entirety before replying and then there should be no reason to receive the response. Responses should be relevant and on topic. Perhaps the response was a little terse but it is very frustrating when you ask a question and someone gives a completely irrelevant reply. Topics disappear off the first page very quickly on a busy forum and bumping is generally frowned upon so sensible responses are important.

Associate
naffa said:
No offence but that was a bit out of order. All I did was tell you that you could make a better buy with the E6600.. Sorry, next time I won't bother giving you advice.

He stated in his OP that he didn't want the whole conroe argument.
Didn't take long for the conroe squad to flood the post.

Some of us like AMD and dislike Intel.

Soldato
Hang on.. I'm being flamed for offering advice... Well sorry for trying to be helpful. :confused:

I am NOT an Intel/Conroe fanboy.. If i were I'd have one in my PC right now and not a 3800x2.

And who was saying I was off topic?

InvaderGIR said:
(possibly, possibly a E6600...please don't start the whole Conroe argument)
He even said he was considering it.. And I didn't start an argument, I simply said that there wasn't an argument for not going Conroe. AM2 is as expensive if not more so than Core 2 Duo, and Intel beats AMD flat to the ground on this one. ALL I did was tell the OP that Conroe would be the better buy.. Which may have been off topic but I was trying to help him out...

Soldato
Jabbs said:
Do you Easyrider take Conroe to be your lawfly wedded wife ;)

Easyrider goes through processors like hot dinners! Wait until the next falour of the month comes along then this hussey will be dumped (aka flogged in MM or fleabay!)

Associate
Who cares wow we AMD was faster then intel, now its the other way round, Its the geezers money let him do what he pleases, and NO, i do not know when the release date is of the 5000+ !!!

Associate
easyrider said:
Naffa knows his stuff and having that attitute will mean that you will not last long in this freindly forum with people with knowledge like my self and others willing to offer VALID contributions that help many people save money and have the fastest system possible.

A guy comes in asking for a release date, states clearly in his post that hes not wanting info on conroes, first reply tells him to get a conroe, then some forum troll informs the poster that replying to certain people in a certain fashion will lead to them being ostricised from the forum community, no doubt constantly refreshing this page waiting for an apology of some sort. If you don't know the release date of the 5000 X2 then don't reply ?. Now time for me to get ostricised, who the **** is Naffa ? and more to the point do most people actually give a ***t ? i for one don't.

Just for the record Invader i've ordered one with a lead time of approx 3-4 weeks, though i can't comment on the lead time of OcUK's units.

Last edited:
Soldato
StinkingM said:
snipped a load of rubbish

Naffa, is a good friend of mine, and many other people on here. So i think we'd all appreciate it if you were the one that appologised.

Secondly, the OP said that he was looking to buy 5000+, but Naffa was only kindly informing him that it wouldn't be a wise decision as it'll be far to expensive compared to something like conroe. But of course, if the OP decides that this "conroe rubbish" is too much for him to consider, then this thread may aswell come to an end, the OP obviously doesn't care about money. :)

Soldato
OP
All I wanted was for someone to give me some kind of info as to when the 5000+ may be out, never said I was going to buy it, just that I was wondering when it's meant to be out.

Thanks to the few that backed me up on the fact I asked a question and requested it to not go off topic, which instantly it did. I didn't mean the reply to be harsh, just to point out the fact that I wasn't asking if Conroe is better than AM2 as I know it is, I was simply asking if anybody knew when it may appear.

Now, there have been a couple of replies on topic and I thank those posters very much even though there is no specific date by the looks of things. :)

Also on the note of prices the 5000+ is less than the E6600 so are the motherboards, if I go Conroe I would want the E6600.

I currently have an AMD s754 Athlon 64 3000+ at 2.4GHz and will be upgrading mid Sept, I haven't made a definative choice as to AMD or Intel, but have sorted out a couple of shopping lists based on each CPU. I will then take a look at what will be available in the future, the power of the systems and the price of the systems when I am about to buy the PC. Mostly I was wondering if the CPU would be out before Sept, but it seems that AMD are being very slow in releasing it and if it isn't available I will deffinatly be going Conroe, for now I am undecided - however good Conroe is.

Thanks everyone even though it went off topic. For those that are keeping an eye on this thread still, which Conroe wouldyou buy/have you bought and how much have you overclocked them (if you have). Cheers

StinkingM - which motherboard did you opt for? as my shopping list is missing one due to not knowing which one is decent, some say the M2NE (or something) but then others say it is really tempermental with RAM. Cheers.

Oh yeh, and benjo - I do care about money, students don't have much :p

:)

Last edited:
Caporegime
InvaderGIR said:
Thanks to the few that backed me up on the fact I asked a question and requested it to not go off topic, which instantly it did.:)

You then bring it back to the topic you made such an effort to avoid :confused:

InvaderGIR said:
For those that are keeping an eye on this thread still, which Conroe wouldyou buy/have you bought and how much have you overclocked them (if you have)

You were told in the second post the answer and you dissed the poster for it. :confused:

naffa said:
There is no argument.. Get a Conroe, for a bit more you can get an E6600. Much better buy imo.

The E6600

I have clocked mine to 3.8ghz and it is faster than any production AMD chip and it probably will be for quite some time

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I know I then went off topic on purpose...but I got the answer to my original post (or as decent an answer as possible due to AMD not being very open with times), then moved it on to the conroe questions...if you like I'll change the topic...may end up a bit of a random one :)

I didn't diss him, just asked him to keep the conroe comments out in a bit of a harsh way.

The reason I have asked about which conroes people have and that is because I know from reading other threads that some people think the E6400 is better value for money. I also don't see the point in starting another thread saying 'which conroe is best' as there are loads out there and some of the people that have posted in here will then diss me for posting it.

All I'm after is info on some CPUs without making 2 threads or one that contains them both from the start that would most likely end up with the one.

Also, thanks easyrider for the info on the Conroe...I didn't know it could do 3.8Ghz...I'm guessing that's not aircooled.

Back
Top Bottom