• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD X2 AM2 5000+

Soldato
i had a choice between a cheap conroe system that cost me system ~ £250 or a am2 3800 system (cpu mem mobo) which cost me less than the 6300 chip it self

chose the former and may update to a X2 later on if needed.

Soldato
Can't say am dissapointed with this, got it clocked at 2.6 gig and its fine, just feel i want a dual core.

I have a mobo to take back and get replaced thats faulty am2 one, so this 3800 chip will sit in nicely to sell on if i just want a x2.

Associate
Jabbs said:
I too don't know what to do for the best, month and a half before conroe came out a m8 offerd me a 1 time deal on my P4 stuff, that payed for the 3800 am2 and mobo i already had the ddr2 ram.

Now do i for example put a x2 4600 in or flog the mobo/cpu and start again with conroe decisions decisions.

to be honest i would go for the 3800+ or 4200+ dual core and clock it. By the time that starts to feel too slow for your needs, the next gen chips for AM2 will be out as will Kentsfield and Conroe will be even cheaper. If AMDs 65nm K8L isn't a patch on the Intel offerings (which i seriously doubt will be the case, they should be very competetive) you will be able to swap over then. By that stage also the whole Core2Duo package will be much more appealing. Better mobo's, faster ram and probably even better clocking cpu's.

Back
Top Bottom