• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Now B550 premium VRMs really make sense if Zen 3 goes up to 150W.
That would explain all the 'overkill' VRMs on those boards.

We know Ryzen is very efficient at the 15W laptop end, the 65W mid range, and if they want to extend at the top end, to take the performance crown there as well? Good move.

Permabanned
That would explain all the 'overkill' VRMs on those boards.

We know Ryzen is very efficient at the 15W laptop end, the 65W mid range, and if they want to extend at the top end, to take the performance crown there as well? Good move.

No, Ryzen 9 3950X has already got the performance crown - it is 62% faster in PassMark.
Ryzen Threadripper 3990X with 64 cores and 128 threads is also there.

Soldato
4K8KW10 Sometimes i read your posts and words just fail me...

Wow, you don't have them on ignore? I can't be doing with the constant barrage of utter tripe and contradiction that they spout, less even the fact they don't actually have a PC, only a laptop, and have never built a computer in their life. So, no idea why the keep popping up on here to contribute to something that have no really actual knowledge of. :D

Permabanned
Posts 3805, 3802, 3801 and 3799 should be flagged as personal attacks without any substance, stupid lies "never built a PC in their life" and trolling.

Soldato
Ryzen 9 3900X is a 105-watt part.
If Ryzen 9 5900X is a 150-watt part, that is a 43% increase in its power draw.

If it offers in the best case that kind of final apps improvement, you get 0% performance per watt uplift or worse performance per watt.

You mean like every intel high end CPU that also seems to provide worse performance per watt for last three/four generations by chasing that final percentile of performance right?

Associate
Posts 3805, 3802, 3801 and 3799 should be flagged as personal attacks without any substance, stupid lies "never built a PC in their life" and trolling.

Not really, they are just expressing their opinion based on some of your ridiculous comments. I think the only troll there is you sir

Soldato
I'm not sure there are enough numbers in existence to count your posts that could be construed as trolling, m'dear. Plus, your posts don't get removed so it's fair game that others stay too.

Permabanned
Not really, they are just expressing their opinion based on some of your ridiculous comments. I think the only troll there is you sir

Without any technical argument. I said 150-watt is a no-go and should be a no-go for the same reason why Intel is in so dire situation right now.

Wccftech so it's nonesense lol.

Surprised people are still harping on about 5GHZ for AMD.

Soldato
Surprised people are still harping on about 5GHZ for AMD.
To be honest, it's probably because it's the last marquee thing Intel have going for them, and the lesser-informed and fanboys are still obsessed with that big number like it means anything. Those of a neutral stance would probably be thinking "would be nice if AMD could also get that 5GHz so there's more parity for comparisons", those of a pro-AMD stance would like to see 5GHz so that's yet another thing to get eliminated from Intel's sheet of lies marketing.

Soldato
Yeah 2 seconds on YouTube is really digging for a example.. its an animation thats well done showing that clock speed isn't the be all end all you make it out to be, other factors come into play. It'll be interesting to see what spin you can come up with if the new amd cpus next month take the performance crown entirely. Thats assuming you don't bury your head in the sand and go mia for a few weeks.

Savage... :D

Soldato
I've just sorted my sytem with a 3600 as a stop-gap processor until Zen3 arrives. Motherboard and ram upgraded, all ready to go. Picked up a bargain on the 3600 so happy to sit and wait now for availabilty of the new cpus :)

That#s what I've done.

New case
New MOBO
New RAM
Temp cpu in the shape of the 3600 - I'll get the 10 core 5*** series cpu and that'll be me set for a long time.

Soldato
That#s what I've done.

New case
New MOBO
New RAM
Temp cpu in the shape of the 3600 - I'll get the 10 core 5*** series cpu and that'll be me set for a long time.

That's what I done moving from a i5-2500k then get the 8-12 core CPU on the final release of AM4 (Once they start dropping in price)

Soldato
That#s what I've done.

New case
New MOBO
New RAM

Nice one :)

Ive gone with X570 Tomahawk, 32GB 8Pack 3600 DDR4 and an Anidees Cube Mesh case (I needed something less than 41cm tall but with loads of space). The machine is a bonkers good upgrade from my old 3570k with 16gb of slow ram, and I’ve transplanted across my Vega64 which I’ll stick with and see how I get on with Cyberpunk at 1440p. My framerates have taken a big boost already with the new kit :)

As I haven’t had a new pc for ages, I might get whatever 12core Zen3 drops just to treat myself :)

Soldato
Nice one :)

Ive gone with X570 Tomahawk, 32GB 8Pack 3600 DDR4 and an Anidees Cube Mesh case (I needed something less than 41cm tall but with loads of space). The machine is a bonkers good upgrade from my old 3570k with 16gb of slow ram, and I’ve transplanted across my Vega64 which I’ll stick with and see how I get on with Cyberpunk at 1440p. My framerates have taken a big boost already with the new kit :)

As I haven’t had a new pc for ages, I might get whatever 12core Zen3 drops just to treat myself :)

I went with the Gigabyte RAM (16gig kit) as it's got the 2 dummy sticks to populate the 4 slots, but now I'm thinking about going for 32 gig and that means I'd have to get rid of the RAM and go 32gig. Seems a shame to get rid of the ram kit as the RGB effects with the dummy sticks, is really nice aesthetically. Going for a new GPU too so got a temp 980 that's ticking me over for all the gaming I do.

Soldato
You know what jigger is like tho. "Zen 1 would be an upgrade for your 7600K" is just his way of trying to tell the world+dog that any AMD CPU is better than any Intel CPU.

There exist 4c/4t Zen 1 CPUs as we all know. The *only* way Zen 1 would be an upgrade is to pit a higher core/thread Zen 1 against the 7600k - and benchmark in modern titles that need the extra threads/cores.

In which case he could also have said that a 7700K would also be an upgrade. He could also have said that a comparable thread/core Kaby Lake Intel CPU would beat a Zen 1 CPU in gaming benchmarks. But of course that wouldn't suit his narrative.

No, jigger simply said, "Zen 1 would be an upgrade." It's just how disingenuous he is, and how AMD biased he is.

I get what you are saying though,and agree it would need a higher thread count Zen1 CPU to be able to better a Core i5 7600K.

Soldato
You know what jigger is like tho. "Zen 1 would be an upgrade for your 7600K" is just his way of trying to tell the world+dog that any AMD CPU is better than any Intel CPU.

There exist 4c/4t Zen 1 CPUs as we all know. The *only* way Zen 1 would be an upgrade is to pit a higher core/thread Zen 1 against the 7600k - and benchmark in modern titles that need the extra threads/cores.

In which case he could also have said that a 7700K would also be an upgrade. He could also have said that a comparable thread/core Kaby Lake Intel CPU would beat a Zen 1 CPU in gaming benchmarks. But of course that wouldn't suit his narrative.

No, jigger simply said, "Zen 1 would be an upgrade." It's just how disingenuous he is, and how AMD biased he is.

What nonsense you talk. Zen 1 is an upgrade and you know it is. You’re just but hurt by that fact, and want to argue for some strange reason, although I’m not sure why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom