• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (Ryzen 4000) already in the works

Associate
4k in 15 inch factor, just plain unreadable? I don't see the point.

It's completely off-topic but the resolution of a macbook 16" is 3072×1920 and a surface book has a resolution of 3240 x 2160 - so both are fairly close to 4k. One main purpose is to make text and other items look better.

Soldato
4k in 15 inch factor, just plain unreadable? I don't see the point.
You generally don't render text and UI elements at native res, otherwise yes it'd be piddly small. It's the whole screen res vs rendering res you get on high DPI phones and tablets. For example, the iPhone 4 has a physical resolution of 640×960, but the actual pixel dimensions when I'm building responsive web sites (CSS pixels) is only 320×480. But even if you slap in some tiny 11px text it's super crisp and easy to read.

Associate
i just seen this video and i cant believe its been so long. since amd have been on top.

I built that setup back in the day. :)
At some point I decided to replace the cooler in this video with the crazy wind turbine cooler. I think it was Coolermaster?
Purchased from Overclockers of course

Last edited:
Associate
Any idea if these 4000 (or 5000??) will bring us some good single thread speed goodness for cpu bound games and take on / pass intel?
I am sure this will be AMD's last final blow they need to deal.

Soldato
Any idea if these 4000 (or 5000??) will bring us some good single thread speed goodness for cpu bound games and take on / pass intel?
I am sure this will be AMD's last final blow they need to deal.

I don't think we've had any spec's, benchmarks or tangible evidence released on any of that information so it's going to be anyones guess at the moment. They appear to be keeping a tight lid on it, which for an optimist, should be a good thing!
15 more days...

Associate
Mods please merge this with the other Zen 3 17% IPC thread. No need for two.

There are "Poor Volta" style rumors leaking out, this time for "poor Intel gaming" in regards to Zen 3.
Preparing to be pleasantly surprised

Associate
I don't think we've had any spec's, benchmarks or tangible evidence released on any of that information so it's going to be anyones guess at the moment. They appear to be keeping a tight lid on it, which for an optimist, should be a good thing!
15 more days...
Cheers. AMD will most certainly be working on high clock single cpu stuff. I hope so, want to pair a "4600/4700/4800X" who ever is fastest with a my unicore RTX 3080 on my 570 platform.

Permabanned
AMD Ryzen 5000 ‘Zen 3’ Desktop CPUs & X570 Motherboards Have High Failure Rates, Reports PowerGPU
AMD Ryzen 5000 'Zen 3' Desktop CPUs & X570 Motherboards Have High Failure Rates (wccftech.com)

"AMD's Ryzen 5000 Desktop CPUs based on the Zen 3 core architecture and the respective X570 motherboard platform has received some rave reviews from the tech community and has been considered to be one of AMD's best CPU lineup to date, offering insane amounts of performance. However, custom DIY PC Builder, PowerGPU, reports that they are seeing very high failure rates with the new AMD CPU & motherboard platform."

Caporegime
AMD Ryzen 5000 ‘Zen 3’ Desktop CPUs & X570 Motherboards Have High Failure Rates, Reports PowerGPU
AMD Ryzen 5000 'Zen 3' Desktop CPUs & X570 Motherboards Have High Failure Rates (wccftech.com)

"AMD's Ryzen 5000 Desktop CPUs based on the Zen 3 core architecture and the respective X570 motherboard platform has received some rave reviews from the tech community and has been considered to be one of AMD's best CPU lineup to date, offering insane amounts of performance. However, custom DIY PC Builder, PowerGPU, reports that they are seeing very high failure rates with the new AMD CPU & motherboard platform."

How many 9700K's did they sell, 3? :D

Permabanned
Blame that on 4k8k, that's the 2nd time he's done that to this thread, last time was 9 months so he must have his reasons.

This is the original thread - there is another one which states 17% IPC improvement and nothing else. This is the correct thread.

By the way - there is no unified support for a given topic to be in a single thread - everyone opens new threads for everything that comes to their mind.
Just ask yourself about the average length of the threads on this page?

691 posts

Soldato
This is the original thread - there is another one which states 17% IPC improvement and nothing else. This is the correct thread.

By the way - there is no unified support for a given topic to be in a single thread - everyone opens new threads for everything that comes to their mind.
Just ask yourself about the average length of the threads on this page?

691 posts

think I’ll leave your thread to you from now on

Back
Top Bottom