American Police Showing Love To A Basketball Fan

Soldato
There are two questions, 1) did he deserve to be attacked and 2) was it necessary to continue after he was on the floor.

1) Maybe, maybe not. We don't know what provocation was not shown on camera.
2) With the possible exception of rendering him unconscious so he couldn't activate some device or trigger, then I can't see how it could be justified at all.

Permabanned
How do you lot know he wasn't reaching inside his trousers/belt or was just refusing to show his hands, can't see from the vid but it's America & if I was old Bill I'd beat everybody until I knew I wasn't going to be shot.
Over here I would just Gas you then Beat you then sling you in the van for the old Stampsys treatment on the way to the shop, Great fun. :D

Utter nonsense, you can clearly see from the video that when approached he has his hands/arms in the air above his head so unless his a magician and can make a weapon suddenly appear in his hands their reaction was nothing more than thuggish.
Had the situation been the way you see it then the safest option would have been for each copper to grab an arm each and handcuff him.

I hope they get chucked in prison for the GBH they inflicted.

Permabanned
Love the way some people here are trying to make excuses for what boils down to a serious assault with a weapon:rolleyes:
Bet they would soon change their tune if it was their mum, dad, brother, sister on the receiving end :mad:

Soldato
From what information we have, there isn't any justification for that. People who "always side with police" or who have that kind of disposition need to reevaluate why they do that and hopefully they'll understand that the police aren't some special godly force of saints who hand out presents to kids, save people from dragons and all that crap. Have some objectivity, geez.

Associate
Looks like an open and shut case of assault. Surely cannot help they're case when other officers step in to stop the attack/arrest/restraint (whatever you want to call it) I smell a large out of court settlement for that guy

Soldato
Looks like an open and shut case of assault. Surely cannot help they're case when other officers step in to stop the attack/arrest/restraint (whatever you want to call it) I smell a large out of court settlement for that guy

Assuming that the video shown accurately portrays what happened - then, I hope he gets a decent amount.

Associate
The youtube video is quite revealing, he may have said something to antagonise the officers, but nothing to deserve that beating. If it's as clear cut as it looks then i'd expect the officers to be fired, arrested and go through the criminal courts, as someone said previously if it had been a group of civillians that beat a police officer like that then the situation would be hugely different. Though i'm sure they will just be suspended and the whole thing swept under the carpet.

Soldato
That looks realy bad, you do not continue to beat on someone when they are down like that 3/4 on one.

Cant wait to hear the excuse, maybe he had a rocket launcher, surprised an apache hasnt been flown in to shoot him.

Back
Top Bottom