Amp / DAC setup for 2.1

Associate
Hi,

I have currently;
  • Emotiva BigEgo DAC
  • Emotiva A-100 Mini-X 50W Amp
  • Emotiva BasX 8" sub
  • Q-Acoustics 3020 bookshelf speakers.

The issue I currently have is that the A-100 has line out for the sub but it is line out not pre-amp out so the amps volume control does not control the subs volume. This is less than ideal as having to reach around behind the sub under my desk every time the wife asks me to turn it down is problematic.

Whilst i have put together a passive volume control which works ok, I now have the option to try and integrate the parts in to a more elegant solution and so I am looking at the following amp with DAC solutions that will also be able to handle variable line out for the sub.

I would prefer it to be kinda desktop size with the Emotiva below being the biggest I would like to go.

I am looking between GBP 350 and 500 (max). I am in Singapore so tend to use the big US Internet Direct places for pricing.

Current options on my radar are;
  • PS Audio Sprout (if I can find where to buy one).
  • Emotiva TA-100
  • Teac AI-301AD (if I can find where to get one).

I maybe able to stretch to a Teac AI-501AD but am not using balanced headphones or speaker connectivity so not sure what actual value the bump would give.

I do not like the look of the Nad 3020 v2 so that one is pretty much out. My room is not acoustically great and with 3 screaming kids and one moody teenager going much higher than this sort of level would have very limited benefits for me.

I did look at Shiit but didn't see anything to give the variable line out for the sub at or above my current level.

Any advice or other suggestions of amps to take a look at.

Many thanks

Soldato
If you're after a smaller size amplifier, then other than the TEAC and NAD, there's Denon PMA50. Not really a great deal of choice in the compact size.

The Emotiva TA100 is 43cm wide, which is fairly standard size for integrated amps. It's not very tall though at 6.6cm. If larger size isn't a problem, that should open up more choice of amps with pre or sub out, but if something similar in height is required, then it's going to be a struggle I think.

I can see a few full size integrated amps which have pre or sub out, but most are double the a height of the Emotiva. Width is about the same.

Yamaha AS301
Yamaha AS501
Pioneer SXN30 network stereo receiver
Onkyo TX8250
Onkyo A9030
Denon PMA720AE

Which of those if any are available in Singapore, I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom