An Insight into University Life (The World's longest post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Originally posted by Juz
niceone, thanks for the advice! rowe sounds nice, shame about not being able to get there in first year though :\ I'm now back a stage then after accomodation to exeter vs east anglia... really can't choose :(

Well I vote Exeter :D Quality campus, top reputation, nice city & I went there :p They alse have all rooms networked up for high speed fun & have a cool netgaming society if you like comp games (& if you do go to eXe Lan this may :D)

Soldato
Originally posted by tom_nieto
Uni in London is hideously expensive, but I don't think it's too bad elsewhere. It generally depends how hard you party. I know people who have spent £350 in a weekend on a dash to Dublin!

hehe i know a couple of those - lost their money quickly!!

Soldato
Originally posted by rare
Its clearly quincy...But is it me or have the BBC removed Quincy from their line up?!

WHAT KIND OF INSANITY IS THIS?!

Why on earth doesn't the learning zone get a mention?! That's about the only time I'm up. I reckoon I spend at least 6hours a day incapacitated by booze or weed. About 1 hour (tops) doing something constructing and 12 hours sleeping. I'm never up before 4pm unless something needs to be done which includes business hours.

I do expect a lot more work after my 1st year tho. And I have just got a full time job 3pm-11pm to fit round my studeis to pay for my lifestyle. I'm going to be working from 14th :(:(:(

Student life rocks tho!! :D :D

Juz

Juz

Associate
Originally posted by Cemetery
Well I vote Exeter :D Quality campus, top reputation, nice city & I went there :p They alse have all rooms networked up for high speed fun & have a cool netgaming society if you like comp games (& if you do go to eXe Lan this may :D)

I don't really play any games these days but a phat net connection will certainly be required for idling on irc :D Is Clydesdale Rise any good? Looks nice on the picture from outside at night but I have a feeling this one doesn't take freshers either?
Also is it true what the guide told me when I visited... that you can buy a sports facilities pass for about £120 / year which entitles you to unlimited use of swimming / gym / 5-a-side etc or was she making it up? I worked it out and it seems like incredible value! The downside to east anglia which is putting me off is they don't offer this and their sports facilities price lists are fairly expensive... so to just play footy and swim twice a week would cost me over £500 / year!

Soldato
Originally posted by Juz
...that you can buy a sports facilities pass for about £120 / year...
...so to just play footy and swim twice a week would cost me over £500 / year!

WHAAAAT!!!?? :eek:

Glasgow Uni is £5 a year. Yes, five pounds per year. For all facilities. Weights, Karate, boxing, swimming (Or if you are like me) steam room, sauna...

Basically a whole building, for students only, not too busy, as many times as you like, for £5 pa.

How come these Uni's down south are SOO expensive. Do they not want you to go to the gym or summit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom