1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

an odd thing happening with GTA:sa

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Camoe, 19 Apr 2010.

1. Camoe

PermaBanned

haveing trouble with GTA:SA v1.0 on my latitude, it gets up to the part with the GTA logo and all the copyright stuff, then goes black and closes itself down, My lappy meets the minimum requirements (better acctually (A)) i would just want to know if anyone elce has or had this problem who can point me in the right direction

Thanks
    Camoe

2. Alex74

Mobster

Not seen the issue myself, but..1.01 patch? And can you post the full laptop specs including OS? :)

3. Camoe

PermaBanned

1.6 gig celeron
    1gb of ddr2
    128intel gfx
    windows xp pro

4. Alex74

Mobster

That couuld be your problem then..Can you give the model of the graphics chip?
    Try updating the intel drivers and see if that helps..

5. Camoe

PermaBanned

im not sure on it, it just says Intel Grafix in CPUID, But i know the drivers are all updated, and everything is working graphicly like second dispaly Etc? i was thinking does it need DirectX installed?

6. Alex74

Mobster

San Andreas should sort out any DX updates it needed on its own, but if you like you can try installing the redistributable here.

I have an intel graphics chip on my laptop and it doesnt play nice with some games. You should be able to see what model it is looking in the display properties under the 'settings' tab where it says: "1. -your monitor- on -Graphics chip model-"

7. Camoe

PermaBanned

ill have a butchers in a bit, my ligit windows xp decided to unactivte itself, and when i boot up it goes go online to activate b4 you log in, i do that and it says 'windows xp is allready activated, then restarts

8. Alex74

Mobster

sounds like you've got bigger problems :( time to post in windows & other software methinks..

9. neoboy

Capodecina

Sounds like graphics card problem to me.

10. Camoe

PermaBanned

its just a little project im working on, im not fussed, i have my beast still :) i wanted it to work for out and about (H)

Cheers for the help guys :)

11. Fromez

Gangster

Try setting your display settings to Vista Basic mode, see if that allows you past the logos.

Right click desktop>personalize>Windows color and appearance

12. Camoe

PermaBanned

its windows xp :S