1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Unusual Problem?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Greenlizard0, 31 Jan 2006.

1. Greenlizard0

Man of Honour

Whenever I restart my machine, or perform a system restore operation, the computer boots down, and doesn't boot up.

It just hangs doing nothing at all. I can't wake it up by any means, and the only way of rebooting therefore is to press the reset button a few minutes later.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what is up? :( :confused:

2. GAMEfreak

Hitman

go into the administrative tools within the control panel. there is a system log you can use there to check for errors. i'm in school now so i can't actually go and check what its under exactly.

3. Greenlizard0

Man of Honour

Mmm...I have tried that, but the only errors that come up are with my broadband dongle (whose errors aren't a problem).

Does anybody else have any suggestions?

Last edited: 31 Jan 2006
  4. Greenlizard0

Man of Honour

BUmp :)

5. leezer3

Mobster

Do I take it you have run all the 'usual' scans, & updated everything that can be updated?
    My top two causes for this would be a bad driver causing problems or something virii/ malware related.

-Leezer-

6. Greenlizard0

Man of Honour

Aye I have everything updated, but this problem is actually older than this computer has been on the internet. :(