Ancient upgrade

Associate
Hi all

been out the game for years. Looked at my PC and its a Titan Goliath from 2010...details:

:- Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz D0 Overclocked to 3.40GHz!
:- Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Intel X58 (Socket 1366) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
:- Corsair XMS3 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 (1600MHz) Tri-Channel
:- Corsair TX 650W ATX2.2 SLI Compliant PSU

So if I want a decent stab at playing games today, any graphics card to suit the socket? I have no idea..was going to buy new but will only play a little so thinking of options!

thanks!

A

Associate
Hi all

been out the game for years. Looked at my PC and its a Titan Goliath from 2010...details:

:- Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz D0 Overclocked to 3.40GHz!
:- Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Intel X58 (Socket 1366) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
:- Corsair XMS3 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 (1600MHz) Tri-Channel
:- Corsair TX 650W ATX2.2 SLI Compliant PSU

So if I want a decent stab at playing games today, any graphics card to suit the socket? I have no idea..was going to buy new but will only play a little so thinking of options!

thanks!

A
I got this one sometime ago about 10 years ago now https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/overclocking.18639624/ but overclocked to 4.00GHz+ I did add max ram to it as you can see in the link but I find its best to just go buy a new built as it will in the long run work better and do you another 10 years if you get the right one
as to overclocking if you use the setting I did in that post you will get it higher but if you do add max ram then you can not overclock it this is what I was told by staff here some years ago

Associate
OP
thanks for the replies and thoughts people! I have an old Radeon or something, ill check. But ill probably go for a GTX960> and depending on how I feel go for a new build. Been a long time since i played avidly years ago and loved my gaming, now a bit older I often think back as to having another go...but somehow not the urgency of before :) you never know, some of the new games spectacular..especially the open world FP games :)

Permabanned
thanks for the replies and thoughts people! I have an old Radeon or something, ill check. But ill probably go for a GTX960> and depending on how I feel go for a new build. Been a long time since i played avidly years ago and loved my gaming, now a bit older I often think back as to having another go...but somehow not the urgency of before :) you never know, some of the new games spectacular..especially the open world FP games :)

Hi,

There is really no particular reason to go for a GeForce, as I see only geforces are mentioned. If your system is from 2010, it is possible your Radeon is Radeon HD 4800 series or something? Radeon HD 5800 series?

How much are you willing to spend, how about your budget now?

Back
Top Bottom