Android weather apps

Associate
Can anyone tell me where android weather apps get their data from? I've tried googling but I'm not finding anything.

I've got a weather app on my phone and it gives the location as exactly where we live but the same app on my Mrs's phone is giving a location just up the road. I can't imagine that there are that many weather stations around and was interested to know where our local data was coming from.

Soldato
Couple of variables - when the trigger for the last update was (and if your wife was in the same location as yourself) and the accuracy of the device. If the device is not using high accuracy mode it could just be as simple as it picked the next point along as it thought it was closer. I guess the density of weather sites would be important to the latter too.

Soldato
For location weather apps will ask your phone, which will depend if you have GPS enabled on the phone, and how well the GPS works as well. Phones using MediaTek prcoessors I found to be the least accurate, while Qualcomm has been spot on for me. There's also location via wifi but that seems consistent across all phones.

Back
Top Bottom