Angels & Demons

Soldato
Von Smallhausen said:
Are you The Pope ?

Without being the pope, and being agnostic at the moment, I also can't stand Dan Brown's books.

The writing is repetitive and dull, it gives the impression of intelligence while being mostly about car chases through paris, several of the books are essentially the same with different settings, the "facts" are mixed up enough to have little relation to reality as far as I'm concerned.

I appreciate that the writing style is easy to read, and the books are compelling in their own way (much as Neighbours is compelling), but having read two of them I really don't feel any desire to read any more. I think it's shame that this sort of book gets such popularity when there is so much better around that just takes a bit more thought.

Man of Honour
PinkPig said:
Without being the pope, and being agnostic at the moment, I also can't stand Dan Brown's books.

The writing is repetitive and dull, it gives the impression of intelligence while being mostly about car chases through paris, several of the books are essentially the same with different settings, the "facts" are mixed up enough to have little relation to reality as far as I'm concerned.

I appreciate that the writing style is easy to read, and the books are compelling in their own way (much as Neighbours is compelling), but having read two of them I really don't feel any desire to read any more. I think it's shame that this sort of book gets such popularity when there is so much better around that just takes a bit more thought.

Thats your pennys worth mate and fair enough, I certainly won't criticise you for it. Not all books are for everyone. I personally like Dan Brown's books and I think the reason people like them is they like a conspiracy theory and the ultra secretive world of the Vatican allows peoples imagination to run riot.

I personally would give a lot for an hour in the Vatican Archives as the historical documents there would interest me greatly but that is another discussion.

Back
Top Bottom