Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Soldato
Is this not all a bit pointless the way people here appear to be playing? I mean looking up strategies and what are essentially exploits to earn money quickly just means you're spending your time collecting digital furniture etc by repeatedly pressing some buttons (i.e. you aren't playing for the fun of the experience, moreso it's a rat race to be able to boast on the internet?!). There's no adventure / skill involved here. Surely the point of a game like this is to go in blind and experiment yourself?

Soldato
Is this not all a bit pointless the way people here appear to be playing? I mean looking up strategies and what are essentially exploits to earn money quickly just means you're spending your time collecting digital furniture etc by repeatedly pressing some buttons (i.e. you aren't playing for the fun of the experience, moreso it's a rat race to be able to boast on the internet?!). There's no adventure / skill involved here. Surely the point of a game like this is to go in blind and experiment yourself?

Exactly how I ruined New Leaf for myself, I grinded hard and paid off my house then got bored and sold it. If I ever get NH I will make sure to play casually and not look for every exploit etc.

Caporegime
I don't see the above stuff as exploitations. Maybe accelerating things but thats the best thing about this game, you play it at the pace you want to play it. I was paying off my house debts regularly but my latest one I just have not touched...focusing on island improvements and adjustments first. I pretty much I want to rearrange all my residents, and thats 24hrs for each one. Quite a lot of time overall! I definitely experienced that "rush" of a new game and wanted to achieve a lot initially. Slowed down now though.

We've also had a ball in the Discord channel. its been a right laugh!

Associate
I thought this was meant to be a relaxing game?

Turning houses into hydroponic areas for Turnips wasn't quite something I expected to see...

Associate
Yep, I have a room with some turnips that I’ll sell when I or someone else gets a nice sales price for but I mainly island hop to buy furniture and clothes :p.

And still my island is in need of much love :D

Associate
The game is relaxing?

The game allows you to play as you want it, and thats how I want(ed) to play it.

Well yeah, you're starting with a tent on a deserted island, seems like a relaxing game to me.

You haven't seen me knock anyone's methods of playing the game, just making an observation that even a game as tranquil as AC can clearly be turned hardcore given what I've seen people do in this thread and online.

Caporegime
Well yeah, you're starting with a tent on a deserted island, seems like a relaxing game to me.

You haven't seen me knock anyone's methods of playing the game, just making an observation that even a game as tranquil as AC can clearly be turned hardcore given what I've seen people do in this thread and online.
Sorry my wording was poor. I meant to emphasise the is. Therefore, agreeing with you. :)

Soldato
OP
Question about turnips and time travelling, what's the best way to do this to maximise return, is there any negative impact?

I'm quite happy grinding away in my own game but have a character for my 5 year old and she just wants a bigger house and to buy clothes.

I can't afford to keep sending her money as need it for my own house, bridges etc. Two mortgages is too much for me! :D

I believe from the info I have seen that time travelling is fine as long as you don't go past the following Saturday, is that right?

Caporegime
They do rot after 7 days yes. But I seem to remember reading something that turnips spoil if you time travel regardless of the amount of time? I need to check though tbh.

Back
Top Bottom