Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Caporegime
So what do you do to get so far so fast? Just curious im in no rush.
Grinded like hell :)

So... putting it in spoilers as I'm not sure who wants to find out for themselves

Museum

Once Blathers is in his tent you need to take him 15 different bugs/fish to get his permit for it to open. That's as far as I've got. But I get the impression it will be open in a day or so. Blathers also gives you the pole vault allowing you to cross the rivers and explore more of the islands

Shop
After I paid my 2nd house loan off of 98k (this may have been a coincidence) I talked to Timmy or Tommy (the one in the tent) and he said about gathering resources to build a shop.

- 30 hard wood, softwood and wood
- 30 iron nuggets

For farming nuggets I already posted above. For the wood just take a flimsy axe and go around and wack all the trees. You'll get it quick enough and won't demolish your island by cutting everything down :)

Bells (Money)
it's a lot of grinding but I've paid off the first debt of 98k and 3/4 of the second debt of 198k in just a day. To do this I've found the best bet is just keep fishing and bug catching. Also keep a slingshot on you. You'll get presents by balloon which you can shoot down. I had one give me 20k once!

But with the bug and fish hunting. You soon can figure out what are the most valuable by selling one at a time and making a note. Then (especially with the bugs) targeting only the lucrative ones. I've found one butterfly to be worth 4k! Brought back a bunch of those plus some other high value insects and got 30k in one haul

Some other pointers

- redeem Nook Points for the pocket organiser and tools guide. This lets you build upgraded tools and carry more loot. Although I've found when it comes to tools as I was hauling Iron Nuggets for the store I was just building from the flimsy range and replacing them more regularly...easy when it's only tree branches

- talk to your villagers everyday. Regularly. They'll often give you gifts.

- check your phone Nook Points app. See where you can earn points. This opens up a lot of doors :)

- cut down some trees and leave the stumps. You'll soon find high value bugs sitting on them for capture.

Associate
Hey guys, would you get a physical copy or digital download? I've never played a AC game before but heard digital would be better because of how you jump in and out of the game.

I'm intrigued with the game style and during this time f craziness I think it might be a good game to try.

Soldato
Holy hell, I just made 18,000 bells from about 35 pears :D (got pear trees in my field now)

by the way you can dig up a whole fruit tree and plant it again so it stays full size with its fruit already grown

Caporegime
Personal preference?

I got the physical, because I buy all my games physically. But I like carts, I think they're cool. Plus if I ever get bored of it, I can sell it on :) - can't do that with e-shop titles.

Indeed, in these current times its almost the perfect game really.

Soldato
OP
Hey guys, would you get a physical copy or digital download? I've never played a AC game before but heard digital would be better because of how you jump in and out of the game.

I'm intrigued with the game style and during this time f craziness I think it might be a good game to try.

I went physical as wasn't sure if I'd like it (I do) so could sell on if not.

Depends if you change games a lot, my Zelda cart basically lived in my Switch for 2 years, can see AC not being removed for months so not a big deal for me.

Associate
Yeah I was thinking physical because of resale if I didn't like it but seems a few never played a AC before and are enjoying it. I could actually play it right now and save £4 tho!! Also don't need to pop out and drive 25mins. Store opens 9:30am...

How is it playing on the switch in handheld mode?

Soldato
I've never played an AC game before but I went digital because of all the high praise. Played for around 12 hours all hand held. Its perfect for hand held play.

Museum and house up. Got all the wood mats for the shop now just farming nuggets. This game is like crack lol

Caporegime
My biggest takeaway of this game so far is the tiny little attention to details for seemingly everything...

- The dialog constantly cracks me up, especially Blathers
- The detail on the bugs
- You can see rocks under the surface in the ocean
- When its raining if you shake a tree water droplets come off as well

I really appreciate and love when devs take close attention to detail, and there seems to be no rock left unturned here :)

Soldato
The attention to detail is fantastic. Just plugged the switch into the tv, and the game looks even better :)

finally got 30 iron nuggets. Phew. Wasted loads of nook miles to get those.

Associate
Do you think this game would be good for a 4 year old? Or is it a bit too much??

Never played an animal crossing game before so would like your thoughts please people

Back
Top Bottom