**Announcing the Overclockers UK Racing Championship**

Associate
What about driver aids, realism settings (fuel use, tyre wear, damage) and gearbox mode?

Trying to get my head around using the fully manual clutch and H shifter whilst not being able to see the wheel/shifter due to wearing a VR headset!

Damage/wear/fuel will be off, for the sake of keeping this more accessible to those less in tune with motorsport. Aids will be minimal, but not fully off, again for the same reason, but we do want it to present a bit of a challenge.

The car will be set to use the paddle shifters on the T500RS, rather than the gearstick.

So we are going to drive renault megane sport, but with one ?
Renault Megane R.S. 265
Renault Megane R.S. 275 Trophy-r

and the track will be Brands Hatch gp?

also gearbox will be manual using shifters on the wheel without clutch ?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/news/overclockers-uk-livery-in-project-cars-66.html
Megane Trophy V6

Track will be Oulton Park

Shifting, as above - steering wheels paddle shifters (no clutch).

can we have multiple goes or book multiple slots or is each entrant only allowed 1 go?

We are limiting this to 1 booking per person, per day, however, if you book and there is no one after you, then you are free to have another go (this is at our discretion due to staffing) We just ask guests to be considerate if there are others wishing to have a go. If it is busy, feel free to come back another day.

This competition will be running until July next year, so if you miss out this time, there are plenty more opportunities.

Last edited:
Associate
How does the real world racing element tie in with it? Are they completely separate comps? Or the Vive Q rounds Q you for the real racing? The real world session start in Dec but we can enter on the Vive thing up until July 2017? It's a bit light on specifics (unless I'm missing a page somewhere)

Cool comp anyway. Would love a race on a Vive so might make the effort to get up an have a go :)

Associate
How does the real world racing element tie in with it? Are they completely separate comps? Or the Vive Q rounds Q you for the real racing? The real world session start in Dec but we can enter on the Vive thing up until July 2017? It's a bit light on specifics (unless I'm missing a page somewhere)

Cool comp anyway. Would love a race on a Vive so might make the effort to get up an have a go :)

3 qualifying rounds, each with a real world race at the end of it. First q runs from now until December. Then Q2, Jan-Mar and Q3 Apr - Jun with Grand Final (again real world racing) in July.

The people that qualify to go through JP circuit will be the fastest 5 from each round.

Caporegime
No, much more basic than that, the setup was borked, clutch was throttle, throttle was clutch. So I was accelerating with my left foot, braking with my right :/

The change from my G25 to the Thrustmaster was fine, would have been nice to have the pedals the right way around though!

Associate
No, much more basic than that, the setup was borked, clutch was throttle, throttle was clutch. So I was accelerating with my left foot, braking with my right :/

errrm...................................What? surely they corrected this when you pointed it out? what on earth do you mean? that's obviously not right........they probably mapped the axis wrong, i'm sure they will swap it round.......

Associate
Inverted pedals was... interesting.

Apologies for that. There is a button on the left of the steering wheel base that changes between the 2 pedal layouts available on the thurstmaster. It appears someone has pressed this. I will get the guys in the shop to keep an eye out for this.

Soldato
Hey guys, just wondering what's going on as the facebook post and youtube video for this no longer seems to exist? Unless it's already fully booked? :D

Also what happened to the proper racing sim set-ups you used to have on the site? The ££,£££ ones.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys, just wondering what's going on as the facebook post and youtube video for this no longer seems to exist? Unless it's already fully booked? :D

Also what happened to the proper racing sim set-ups you used to have on the site? The ££,£££ ones.

We are updating the video to be even more amazing! Not fully booked, there are plenty of slots left, though Saturdays are all booked up for a while.

Associate
I'm going to have to book in again for this, I was told it was 1 go only when I asked if I could rebook and have another go. Now I know the combo I can put some practice laps in, although I went in blind never having used VR before. I think I did ok.

Can I just check, what are the tyre wear and fuel usage settings. I'd like to be able to emulate it properly to get some practice in, well without the VR as I don't own one just yet. Just so peeps know in advance, don't stop after 5 laps just keep going, I backed off and lost a lap because I was expecting a restart.

So has anybody beaten my time yet? ;)

Associate
Low 1:37, don't remember exactly.

I was pretty chuffed with myself, the guy running it told me 1:45 was a good time to aim for, and top OC staffer time around 1:44 I think he said.

I've recently done a VXR experience day at Oulton and I've done lots of laps in PCars on there. Never driven this car before though. I've since run this combo at home on what I think is the same settings and haven't got into the 1:36's yet. Obviously that depends on my guess of no tyre wear or fuel usage being correct. I did ask on a previous post for more detailed settings info.

Regardless of times though, I really enjoyed my first VR experience. I'm definitely going again some time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom