**Announcing the Overclockers UK Racing Championship**

Associate
I've just had a look at the OP and I see that the date for Bedford is Dec 3rd.

Is that correct and if so, will it be a full day or half day?

I had it in my head that the first qualifier didn't end till after the New year. :eek:

It is a full day event with LOTS of different cars ;) The track closes over the Christmas period, so we kind of have to run it then! Our next qualifier starts in January with Track Driving being in March.

Thanks

Associate
It is a full day event with LOTS of different cars ;) The track closes over the Christmas period, so we kind of have to run it then! Our next qualifier starts in January with Track Driving being in March.

Thanks

OK, thanks for the info.

I've had a look on the JP website and it looks like an awesome variety of cars to rag round the track. :D

Whats the leaderboard like at the moment?

I'd need a week or so's notice to book up and give it another shot if I get knocked out of the top 5 but then again there's always the later qualifiers to enter I suppose.

Associate
Itinerary
07.45 - Registration and breakfast
08.30 - Video briefing from Sky F1's Martin Brundle
09.00 - Your day begins as you meet your Team Leader
09.15 - Put your foot down as driving commences
12.30 - Relax and refuel with a first class, table-served lunch
13.30 - Restart - the afternoon's activities get underway
16.40 - Afternoon tea and prizegiving for the best drivers
17.30 - Guests depart after an exhilarating, memorable day!

Vehicle Line-up
Formula 3000 single seater
Palmer Jaguar JP-LM
Land Rover Defender
BMW M4 GTP
Caterham 7 Superlight
Ariel Atom 3
Caterham 7 Pursuit
Karts

In one unforgettable day, every guest drives a selection of fantastic cars in an eight-activity programme with live timing, scoring and awards.

A gift voucher for the full-day Off-Peak is £888, Peak is £948

I've been looking at this for a while and it does look great, I was going to save up as it would be on my bucket list, but this comp gives me the opportunity to get in there.

Associate
Latest Facebook update:

There is only 10 days remaining until the round one qualifiers come to a close for the OcUK Racing Series! This is your last chance enter this quarter and be in with the chance of winning a PalmerSport track day in December, as well as the possibility to progress to our Grand Final where more prizes could be won! Do you have what it takes? Enter here: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocukrs

In the lead so far we have:
1st - RJ - 1:36:772
2nd - AL - 1:36:824
3rd - SA - 1:37:712
4th - EC - 1:37:939
5th - BS - 1:39:542
6th - MJ - 1:39:878

I'm in third, but booked in for another go Saturday, my daughter is going to the cinema with friends on 3rd so I have the all clear. I'm coming for you mwahahaha

Associate
Latest Facebook update:

There is only 10 days remaining until the round one qualifiers come to a close for the OcUK Racing Series! This is your last chance enter this quarter and be in with the chance of winning a PalmerSport track day in December, as well as the possibility to progress to our Grand Final where more prizes could be won! Do you have what it takes? Enter here: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocukrs

In the lead so far we have:
1st - RJ - 1:36:772
2nd - AL - 1:36:824
3rd - SA - 1:37:712
4th - EC - 1:37:939
5th - BS - 1:39:542
6th - MJ - 1:39:878

I'm in third, but booked in for another go Saturday, my daughter is going to the cinema with friends on 3rd so I have the all clear. I'm coming for you mwahahaha

Thanks for posting this mate. Been a bit hectic with black friday coming up ;) but yes, these are the current times!

Associate
Well I'm gutted, lots of practice at home did not pay off at all. I only managed to shave a tenth or two off my time, bloody awful. I hope I still make it through but a 1:37.6 is not my best. I'm really disappointed, I can do so much better than that. The Vive immersion effect was far more distracting than i remember it, it's really good but I struggled to spot my braking points.

Associate
Damage/wear/fuel will be off, for the sake of keeping this more accessible to those less in tune with motorsport. Aids will be minimal, but not fully off, again for the same reason, but we do want it to present a bit of a challenge.

Can you tell us what aids are used / what level??

Associate
I'm not confident, once it got announced on the sim racing forums I knew things would hot up so getting in early was my only chance. When I went they said a couple of guys who had seen it on isrtv had been.

Associate
I'm not confident, once it got announced on the sim racing forums I knew things would hot up so getting in early was my only chance. When I went they said a couple of guys who had seen it on isrtv had been.

I'm on tenterhooks too as, like you, I saw it advertised on the inside-sim site.

I wouldn't mind betting the leaderboards' had a bit of a shake-up. :eek:

I knew the 'aliens' would be closing in but there's another 2 stabs at it after new year.

Plus, they gotta get 'that lap' in and not many people have got the full VR set-up to practice properly at home. :p

Good luck and maybe we'll see each other for a showdown on the 3rd!! :D

Associate
Hi everyone!

So, these are the official times, and invite emails will go out today!

1)RJ/Aero Rich - 1:36:772
2)AL - 1:36:824
3)EB - 1:37:341
4)SU - 1:37:508
5)SA/Born2BSlow - 1:37:588
6)EC/Paradigm - 1:37:709.

EC beats his previous best of 1:37:9, and beats the racer just behind by 0.03 seconds! Congrats guys! You will all be invited to drive THIS weekend at PalmerSport!!!!!!

Full details of start times etc will be in your invite emails, which i will send out around lunch time.

You will have one guest/spectator pass, so you can bring someone and they will be fully catered for!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom