**Announcing the Overclockers UK Racing Championship**

Associate
As a tip to prepare for the VR experience (if you don't have one) move as close to the screen as you can, the perspective is very different to screens and makes spotting braking points a bit tricky to adapt.

Thanks. I don't even have a wheel set up yet! Been familiarising myself via the keyboard.

What kind of time loss were people seeing compared to their home practiced personal bests?

Associate
I don't know about others, and it wasn't all down to VR as I had an absolute shocker on my second attempt frankly, but I was consistently doing 1.5 seconds faster on triple screens at home. I think I practiced too much if anything.

Associate
I don't know about others, and it wasn't all down to VR as I had an absolute shocker on my second attempt frankly, but I was consistently doing 1.5 seconds faster on triple screens at home. I think I practiced too much if anything.

Got any other tips for practising etc? ie what is the steering wheel rotation on the system set at? My DFGT has 900 but I usually set it fixed much lower than that. If you can recall the set up it would be handy.

And it was mentioned that some aids are enabled. Any idea what they were?

Associate
Are we talking small/medium/large/xl or are we talking chest size, like with a suit jacket?

How formal is this :p

Also, any update on my question regarding bringing your own lid?

Unfortunately we are not talking proper clothes, so S/M/L/XL/XXL/3XL/4XL are the only choices.

Also, I will confirm with them in the morning. I think it is allowed, but will let you know tomorrow. Can't hurt to bring anyway.

Associate
I'd like to say medium, but realistically I'm a large (42" chest).

If it's formal can I get dickie bow :)

I was going to wear my Rudolph t-shirt, shiny nose and everything...

Associate
Thanks again for the phone call earlier today Sircles. The first corner and hairpin seemed more difficult with the VR setup. I also struggled a bit with the brakes as there was not much feedback on the brake pedal compared to my G29 brake pedal. I was roughly a second slower than my best at home using a 1440p monitor / wheel setup. I managed a ridiculous time of 1.35.8 using my xbox pad which might of been a fluke as I can not get close to that time now lol

Associate
Got any other tips for practising etc? ie what is the steering wheel rotation on the system set at? My DFGT has 900 but I usually set it fixed much lower than that. If you can recall the set up it would be handy.

And it was mentioned that some aids are enabled. Any idea what they were?

So as far as I can tell the full setup is:
FFB is default, I use Jack Spade FFB tweakers and noticed the difference
Tyre and fuel wear off
Solo 10 lap race with no other cars
Only assist is ABS, no TC/SC
Oh and the car is in the overclockers livery :) very important!
It's a T500 so 900 is right, but it will feel significantly heavier than a DFGT (I had one previously and now have. T500 so can compare)

I'm not sure if it's 100% spot on, because when I do it at home the point where I get manual control is different...after the final corner vs before it.

Associate
So as far as I can tell the full setup is:
FFB is default, I use Jack Spade FFB tweakers and noticed the difference
Tyre and fuel wear off
Solo 10 lap race with no other cars
Only assist is ABS, no TC/SC
Oh and the car is in the overclockers livery :) very important!
It's a T500 so 900 is right, but it will feel significantly heavier than a DFGT (I had one previously and now have. T500 so can compare)

I'm not sure if it's 100% spot on, because when I do it at home the point where I get manual control is different...after the final corner vs before it.

Good info, thanks. So is the wheel actually using 900 full degrees? Cos the onscreen wheel only looks to turn about 250-300 (I still haven't plugged up my wheel, it's in the shed!)

And cockpit view right? No bumper / roof nonsense?

Last edited:
Associate
I assume everything is default so using 900 degs but each car has its own steering speed, best leave everything as default once the wheel is set up. Projectcarsgame.com forum should have a thread on logitech settings for dfgt.

Cockpit/Helmet cam, but once you are in VR mode it's in cockpit...quite an experience, don't take any money with you in case you are tempted. It's a little low res compared to 1080p monitors but the immersion effect is awesome.

Caporegime
Couldn't be more "G'd" up as it is. Playing as much Toca RD3 as I can (it has Bedford in it), read all of PalmerSport's literature (I can bring my lid, but can't wear it in all events due to their helmets having comms built in), and have watched lots of videos already!!!

Kind of scared at the same time.

Oh yes, that reminds me, have OcUK taken out the additional insurance waiver cover?

Associate
Couldn't be more "G'd" up as it is. Playing as much Toca RD3 as I can (it has Bedford in it), read all of PalmerSport's literature (I can bring my lid, but can't wear it in all events due to their helmets having comms built in), and have watched lots of videos already!!!

Kind of scared at the same time.

Oh yes, that reminds me, have OcUK taken out the additional insurance waiver cover?

Paradigm for the win, I'm bricking it too haha. :D

Associate
Bricking it now, I'm so excited. Watching YouTube clips is just making things worse.

I haven't done much track driving other than Vxr events and I did the open wheelers at Silverstone. I keep saying I'll do more but never get around to it. I feel a New Year Resolution coming on...

Back
Top Bottom