Another 14 hour day!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Longest shift I ever did was 30 hours :eek: 08:00 Friday morning to 14:00 Saturday afternoon - most of it spent down in a drilling mud tank on a supply boat, cleaning (hard graft too).
I was a little tired after that.

Stan :)

The above was about 18 years ago, the same thing would have me in bed for a week now :o

Soldato
HEADRAT said:
If only I had £1 for everybody cracked a funny like this I'd be as rich as Bill ;)

I can remember trying to install Linux in 1998, now that was funny :eek:

HEADRAT

work for MS and can't use the comand line?
odd

Soldato
Out of interest, is working at Microsoft as laid back as I've been lead to believe watching Channel9 videos? I seem to remember hearing something about employees being allowed to play on XBOX 360s placed around the office when the urge takes them? Or are you one of the people they lock up in the basement and force to do all the dirty work? :D

nikebee said:
i've got all week off in preperation for my new job with a web design company :D :p
I sure hope you're clued up on semantic web design, usability etc. :p

Man of Honour
HEADRAT said:
If only I had £1 for everybody cracked a funny like this I'd be as rich as Bill ;)

I can remember trying to install Linux in 1998, now that was funny :eek:

HEADRAT

I also remember trying to Install Linux around 1995 - oh dear....
Slackware iirc *probably still got the disks around somewhere*

Got it up and running after oooh....5 days or so.

Went back to Windows95 around a week later.

P166 with 64mb EDO ram with a 6.4gb Quantum Bigfoot storage drive and a 2gb SCSI boot drive. 4mb Matrox Millennium and a Soundblaster 16 card as well... :eek: Was almost top of the line back then..

Although still have a Linux webserver - it's still not as easy as XP to install/configure/use - but it's getting better. Wish I could get it to ignore capatilisations though...

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
Pah. Lightweights. :p

I installed Unix on a Mac way back in 1991. That's almost a decade prior to OS X. :eek: :)

Can't honestly remember how I did it, but I definitely did. I remember compiling X11 on it. God that was slow. :eek:

And yes, I'm still working. Well, 50/50 browsing/working.

Soldato
Berserker said:
Pah. Lightweights. :p

I installed Unix on a Mac way back in 1991. That's almost a decade prior to OS X. :eek: :)

Can't honestly remember how I did it, but I definitely did. I remember compiling X11 on it. God that was slow. :eek:

And yes, I'm still working. Well, 50/50 browsing/working.

tbh, installing linux on 386s and trying to get seti to run on it was ALWAY my evenings entertainment when I was little

Back
Top Bottom