Another 'Grinds My Gears'

Soldato
This annoys me too, nobody in the UK seems to know how to use a motorway properly. I can't say you could pin it on any groups of people, it's widespread.

Soldato
Not if the entire slow lanes traffic is going faster than the car in the middle lane and thus undertaking him then it's the slow driver in the middle lane at fault and only him!

If you ignore the highway code, perhaps. However, if like most good drivers you try and stick to it, undertaking is only permitted in congested conditions where the lanes are moving at a similar speed.

Soldato
[DOD]Asprilla;14953394 said:
I use the principle that I should avoid performing any manouver that would cause someone else to brake.

That's very nice.

If you did that in Belgium you'd still be sitting outside your house for an hour each morning. :p
:
Here in Belgium the middle lane drivers aren't too bad. You get the occasional muppet (usually old people) who never actually had to sit an exam so don't have a clue about the rules of the road.

However the morning time I have to do the 12k crawl to work. It seems here in Belgium that bikers are allowed to go "between" the middle and fast lanes of traffic if traffic is stationary. Of course said bikers interpret this as being WE HAVE RIGHT OF WAY IF SAID LANES ARE DOING LESS THAN 90KMPH.

If you dare to signal and make a manouvre when they are hurtling between cars expect a kick to your car missing wing mirror or dent in bonnet.

I can't say bikers here have any respect for the code and are downright dangerous in the morning rushhour both to themselves and other drivers.

It's hard enough having to look in front of you and in your wing mirror and blind spot to change lanes in slow moving traffic without the extra danger of a biker doing 90KM/H in 10KM/H traffic.

If you ignore the highway code, perhaps.

dude if someone is going that slow in the middle lane that the traffic in the slow lane travelling at a legal speed is going faster than him he's In the wrong and will be pulled for these reasons:

A. Slow lane is for slow traffic.

b. middle & outside lanes for overtaking

c. By your thinking In order to legally pass said car in middle lane going at slower speed than traffic in slow lane the traffic in slow lane will:
First have to pull into the middle and then the outside lane to take the slow muppet;
Then have to go back to the middle and then back into the slow lane why bother if all the traffic in front of you is able to pass the car safely without weaving all over the motorway which btw is also illegal!

If the police see said car going slower than traffic on inside lane they will pull them and give 'em a slap on the wrist/fine for driving in the wrong lane cars on inside will get away scott free as they've done nothing wrong they wern't undertaking because the slow muppet in the middle lane was never in front of them, but if a car in the middle lane behind said slow muppet was to pull into the left and undertake then yes the car undertaking would be in the wrong and also pulled!

Not my thinking, it's called 'The Highway Code'.

The highway code does have exceptions to certain laws this is one of those exceptions and I'm sure you will find it in there. How do I know this my aunt got pulled and cautioned for "Dangerous Driving" after being a slow muppet in the middle lane the only time she uses the middle lane now is to overtake.

But she was caught for using the middle lane inappropriately. I'm talking about undertaking being against the rules :confused:

What I mean is by the highway code all the drivers that were not directly behind her but in the lane to her left that hadn't come from the middle lane but were travelling faster than her should've also been pulled and fined/cautioned for undertaking correct?

Soldato
What I mean is by the highway code all the drivers that were not directly behind her but in the lane to her left that hadn't come from the middle lane but were travelling faster than her should've also been pulled and fined/cautioned for undertaking correct?

Correct. They were cars that were behind her (the fact they were in differnt lanes is irrelevant) past her on the left - thus undertaking.

I appreciate the police will use their discretion, but technically everyone who past on the left is in the wrong.

Correct. They were cars that were behind her (the fact they were in differnt lanes is irrelevant) past her on the left - thus undertaking.

I appreciate the police will use their discretion, but technically everyone who past on the left is in the wrong.

Yet none of them got pulled and she did! Lets put it this way if one car is being slow and dangerous by slowing down the traffic in the middle lane unnessesarily and the slow lane is going a sensible speed and passing said slow car that particular part of the highway code does not apply as they aren't in the wrong the dangerous driver in the middle is!

Soldato
Yet none of them got pulled and she did! Lets put it this way if one car is being slow and dangerous by slowing down the traffic in the middle lane unnessesarily and the slow lane is going a sensible speed and passing said slow car that particular part of the highway code does not apply as they aren't in the wrong the dangerous driver in the middle is!

They ARE in the wrong, it just wouldn't be practical to bring them all in. Please read the highway code, it mentions no exclusions for your scenario.

Soldato
While it's not written down common sense would tell you i'm still right or it would be the police officers duty to pull every car breaking the law as nobody is above the law!

No, you are saying they were not in the wrong - they clearly are. I am saying they were in the wrong but the police officer userd his discrtion to not punish them - just like they could do for violating other elements of the highway code.

No, you are saying they were not in the wrong - they clearly are. I am saying they were in the wrong but the police officer userd his discrtion to not punish them - just like they could do for violating other elements of the highway code.

So technically the Highway code doesn't apply under the polices discretion hence I'm still right the greater the crime by one party the lesser crimes by other parties get ignored!

Back
Top Bottom