Another image problem with Dell 2407, please identify

Associate
I have also noticed with the VGA cable conected that white text on black background is ghosted across the screen, is this indeed ghosting? This is Rev A02.

Soldato
Ghosting would be trails left when the image can't change colours quickly enough, so no, technically speaking that's not ghosting. That's more like an echo.

I would guess that's something to do with the VGA cable, maybe picking up some interference (maybe even from itself). Is that the official MS 360 VGA cable? Unfortunately the last few feet of the cable isn't shielded.

Try straightenning out the cable, and check it's not wound round any power cables. FWIW I haven't seen anything like that on my 360 connected to my 2007WFP in 1280*768 with the official MS VGA cable.

Associate
OP
Not official, but I was told that the same people make it, Microsoft just badge it up and charge more.

I have tried unravelling the cable and it makes no difference.

Last edited:
Soldato
It was just a picture :eek: No one could even see the URL and the picture wasn't a link. The censorship here is getting ridiculous :rolleyes:

Anyway, the cable should look exactly like this-

vga.jpg

Soldato
I don't even know what hotlinking is. I just did a google image search for 'xbox 360 vga hd cable' and that's what came up. I've never even heard of that other site. How am I supposed to know they're a competitor, is there some big list somewhere?

Don
Any site that sells the same things to the UK as OcUK is classed as a competitor. Hotlinking is where you link an image directly from another server. Not only does this steal someone elses bandwidth, if they have hotlinking protection it might actually replace the image with something a lot more nasty earning yourself a suspension in the process.

Jokester

Soldato
fish99 said:
Is that the official MS 360 VGA cable? Unfortunately the last few feet of the cable isn't shielded.
Could this be why there's constant noise in the picture when using it with my NEC LCD20WGX2 monitor? Is there anything you can do about it?

Soldato
wush said:
Could this be why there's constant noise in the picture when using it with my NEC LCD20WGX2 monitor? Is there anything you can do about it?
Depends whether you're talking about games or films. You're always going to get some noise on films, and TFTs do tend to make it more noticeable. You shouldn't be getting noise in games though. If you do it could be the VGA cable is picking up some interference from a power cable.
RedDwarfUK said:
Looks exactly like that.
Assuming you mean exactly (there's a lot of VGA cables that look very similar to the MS one but slightly different) then I'm stumped. I'd still think the cable would be the most likely cause though since I don't get that black shadow effect with my 360, not in 1280*768 anyway (I've never tried any higher resolutions). Could try your PC through VGA to check the VGA port on the 2407 is ok.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom