• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Another my 3dmark scores too low thread

Associate
Hi, im aware someone else asked a similar question too this not too long ago but I cant find the thread to save my life so im afraid im making a new one. :(

Ok so Ive recently finished building a new PC (my first self build) and everythings pluged in nicely and powered up, ive put thel atest drivers on for all my hardware but Ive just run a 3dmark 06 test and scored 5907 which I think is a bit low for the spec?

Im running a E6700
GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 800MHz
x1900 Crossfire Edition
X1900 XT
Asus P5W DH Deluxe

Everything is running at stock speeds and Ive set enable crossfire in the catalyst control center. Anyway hope someone can clock onto what ive done wrong cos Im totaly suck for ideas. :(

Cheers.

Associate
It might be easier if you post your compare results, as it will show roughly if it's a CPU or GPU related problem. :)

The chances are, I would imagine something is amiss with your X-Fire setup, but here is something else to check -

This is just a hunch, but is your device manager showing two cores within device manager. I know I have a dual core AMD chip, but I had a problem where I had to disable ACPI in the bios, or the windoze install would hang. I got everything up and running, but didn't re-enable ACPI, with the result, that device manager only showed one of the cores. (Therefore, one of the cores did not exist, as far as the system was concerned.)

This all came to light, when I benched using 3D-M 06, and the resulting score was at least 30% down on what I expected. As 06 benchmarks dual cores, it's as good a place as any to look. (But not an obvious one.)

I'd say your score was between at least 40-50% down on what you'd expect to get with that rig.

Hope you get it sorted. Good luck

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the suggestions, you were spot on it was xfire not working properly.. I didnt think it was to start with cos id reinstalled the drivers 2-3 times but someone told me to use a driver clean up tool and after that it worked, score went up to 9607. :)

Associate
make sure in catalyst control centre that everything is set to "let application decide" and that verticle sync is not forced ("always off"), make sure the res of 3dmark06 is @ 1280*1024 aswell and that no other programs are running in widows or system tray. you should be scoring 10K

Associate
Drake said:
Hm well turning off all background stuff only put it up to 9705 and you've got me worried that some of my hardware isnt set up correctly. :p
[/url]

I wouldn't get to hung up over your score - sounds thereabouts for your rig, in a unclocked state - and there are still many out there that would sell there soul for a system performance like that!

Now is the time, to reap those extra points from tweaking and clocking, if thats your bag. Or you could settle for ultimate system stability, leave it as it is, and enjoy!

I certainly wouldn't be worried about your score though - :)

Back
Top Bottom