Another new Ghostbusters

Soldato
I don't want Murray in this as he came across as a real a-hole in the last couple of decades about GB3 and when he finally had a cameo in the new one he came across as a phoned-in a-hole. He's just going to sour the whole thing and bring the film down. I think the best way to go is Ackroyd as a fire house chef type and Hudson as an on the ground vet training the new recruits. Heck, have one the girls be Ramis daughter inventing the latest gear

this - murray is a great actor but is often a massive ****

Caporegime
The third movie in the last 10+ years was always meant to be a handover movie to a new generation. Had Murray not been such a massive bellpiece in the 90's the Ghostbusters in hell concept might well have happened. Though considering his childish fallout with Ramis at the time it's hard to say. He only really spoke to him again when he was on his deathbed.

I'd be interested to see where they can go with this movie, depends a LOT on casting. They've had umpteen years to get a decent story in place for a third movie, in retrospect the script for GB2 was done under pressure from Sony pretty much demanding a sequel after the first movie was a surprise hit.

It really does surprise me that seemingly Murray is onboard with this after being a holdout for over 2 decades. I would have thought after the feminazi reboot disaster he would have washed his hands of the franchise for good. Nothing is confirmed yet obviously.

Soldato
I was kind of neutral to this just because of the mess of the last "reboot" attempt

Then I heard that they won't be referring to the ghosts as ghosts because China has a thing about the supernatural and as such it wouldn't get licensed so instead they will be referring to the ghosts as monsters

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/ghostbusters-3-may-not-use-word-ghosts/

So yeah, not keen on this movie because of that and a lot of other things

Caporegime
They could refer to the ghosts as spectres, apparitions, phantoms etc. Or they could just redub the wording for the Chinese release and keep it as Ghost for everywhere else.

Soldato
Ghostbusters died with 2016 SJW edition.. I read that they probably won't be calling the ghosts ghosts, but instead calling them monsters. This is because China has issues with releasing ghost films, so go get it released in China it will have to be changed. If true that's sad.

They need to let it die, no point in trying to milk it any more. I would love to see a film with all the remaining cast but I don't think it'll happen, too may people with agendas set on ruining things for everyone else.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
If they can't call it 'ghost'busters then that is an epic failure before its got off the ground.

According to that link the internet or world has had a mixed response about teen ghostbusters, not encouraging at all really.

Caporegime
She really does bring it on herself, no doubt she'll be claiming to be a victim of harassment etc.. as a result of this latest tweet and the responses to it.

Uh9C34A.png

RZVil3f.png

fRfV1Zb.png

Plenty more people on that twitter thread also pointing out the ratings, revenue and this notion that it was a reboot whereas this new movie follows on from the originals... She seems pretty entitled here, bit of a ridiculous thing to get "insulted" by simply because she was an actress in a reboot and someone else is going to make a move to follow on from the originals.

Of course various "woke"/SJW journalists are now validating her over this too:

https://www.bustle.com/p/leslie-jon...ing-insulting-yes-her-anger-is-valid-15862447

Even though the new director is complimentary towards her and the others:

In his interview with EW, Reitman said that the new Ghostbusters would pick up where the original two — 2016's Ghostbusters was the third in the universe — left off, but set in the present time. Reitman addressed the 2016 movie, saying, "I have so much respect for what Paul [Feig] created with those brilliant actresses, and would love to see more stories from them. However, this new movie will follow the trajectory of the original film."

Caporegime
i thought she was one of the better things in the garbage reboot but thats just pathetic.

Apparently incapable of accepting their movie bombed at the box office. It allegedly needed to make in the region of $400 million to break even and get the possibility of a sequel. It made under $230 million. But it was all because of the anti female agenda and not that the movie blew goats.

Soldato
Apparently incapable of accepting their movie bombed at the box office. It allegedly needed to make in the region of $400 million to break even and get the possibility of a sequel. It made under $230 million. But it was all because of the anti female agenda and not that the movie blew goats.

Didn't the talentless lead actress Melissa McGetoffmyscreen get the highest movie paycheck of the year as well?

Back
Top Bottom