1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another 'oooo shiny SSD, is it working right' thread

Discussion in 'Storage Drives' started by carrot1401, 10 Jun 2010.

1. carrot1401

Mobster

Yep, just like Lee Mack said about the Olympics, I am one of those people that has bought an SSD (OCZ Vertex LE) , it's speeded up the PC, but wanna make sure if these numbers are about right. They seem way down on the advertised spec???

[​IMG]

2. Broken Hope

Sgarrista

You need to switch to AHCI for one, use the Intel drivers if you have an Intel chipset since there's a bug with the Microsoft ones and the Sandforce drives.

Latest Intel drivers are located here

You'll need to do the following registry tweak before switching to AHCI in the bios otherwise you won't be able to boot.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976

You're also better off using ATTO to test the sandforce drives rather than AS SSD.

There's also a 1.10 firmware update available on the OCZ forums.

3. carrot1401

Mobster

Um, done registry edit, download intel drivers, but unless I'm stupid theres no setup file to run, how do I install them?

4. carrot1401

Mobster

Right, well done switch to ACHI and it's done something (also have feeling I installed intel chipset, if I can get those latest drivers to instal I will.) Some have gone up, others down!!

[​IMG]

Also, OCZ update program can't find my SSD to install update on :p

5. Broken Hope

Sgarrista

Install the drivers via device manager, click update driver on the standard ahci controller, browse for driver, then click browse again and point it at the folder with the intel driver.

For the firmware you need to right click and run as administrator.

Use http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1749/ATTO Disk Benchmark v2.46.html to benchmark the drive also.