Another Pipeline card update

Caporegime
there isnt a service though. anyone can see that the majority of the country would sign up for a card that saved them 10p at the pump. why does he need people to sign up first, as my post above, the petrol providers know this too, and if they wanted to would just create their own version and cut out this middleman?

Soldato
I won't post the long post I have done in the past on this subject - if you truly are interested in why I feel it is a system that can work then just look up the last thread on the Pipeline card.

Suffice to say the system (in my opinion obviously) can work so long as people start and remain loyal to the scheme even when other companies appear to be cutting their prices too.
In essence (and only a few lines as opposed to my half page post) the scheme is introduced and the company gets loads of new customers.
Forget all this middleman rubbish - the Pipeline name is not skimming profit.
Other fuel companies drop their prices to entice people back to them.
At this point people have a choice:

1. Stay loyal to the scheme and they will keep their prices low.
2. Change back to getting fuel from the most convenient/whoever - scheme fails and all prices go back up within months.

All people need to do is remain loyal to any scheme that does eventually come of this and it can work.
Problem is I know the UK public too well - full of people who look at the short term rather than the long game.

Associate
It's never going to happen as the competing petrol stations would just lower their prices. If it was feasable to reduce petrol prices by the amount suggested all the supermarkets would do it to try and increase custom.

Back
Top Bottom