Another Soppy Thread...

Soldato
As others have said it shouldn't really matter. When my ex went to uni I figured everything would be fine, after all she was 1 hour away at the most. Unfortunately all her friends there had someone and I think it got too much for her. Yet I've heard from other people who have made it work as they really love each other. So I guess it depends on a few things really.

Associate
Sepheh said:
Distance can be made a factor if someone isnt willing to work at a relationship or if someone is a physical type of person and needs contact... I thought my relationship would work over seas while I was travelling unfortunately turns out that distance can be a factor!

I agree with your first sentence, and when i said long distance i meant when someone lives in the same country, atleast its then possible and reasonably affordable to see each other. When there are no boats or planes involved. :)

And nate, if you think its worth it then go for it, cos you never know what might happen :) I know I wouldnt let the distance get in the way if things worked out! ;)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
there seems to be a big swing to people saying its not such a bad thing, just how do you make the time apart less painful so to speak!

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
In my experience, it worked in the beginning, then in the end it was just another excuse.

It has to be reciprocal though, but it depends on each situation.

Good luck!

BB x

Soldato
There is no way to make the time apart less painful, its just how love works... Love hurts there is no in between with it! It has the power to make you happier than you have ever been, and the same power can be just as destructive!

Caporegime
Creature said:
No, distance is not a factor *looks at Beansprout*

LOL dont forget about me, my gf lives in NYC and i live here in UK.

Anyways it shouldnt matter if you both care about each other a lot ie love each other and are willing to make it work. Granted its damn hard, there are days where i really miss her and could do with a snuggle from her but sadly i cant but i get the next best thing from her..usually a phone call or text message.

Although i look forward to seeing her in the next few weeks when she should be getting here to spend a good couple of months with me. I usually go over for a week or so to see her every few months, usually every 6 weeks i go over for a week to spend time with her.

Soldato
I go to university 250 miles from my girl friend, and it’s not a problem. She comes and see's me, it’s great. At first I tough it might be a bit rubbish but tbh its not much different, we both do our own thing like work (shes at Cambridge uni so works 99% of the time) and do uni stuff, and the 6 Months holiday a year we have we spend quality time together. It works really well. We had been going out for two years before we went to uni and its been better if any thing since I left, not because we don’t like each other, lol, but because it just nice to have our separate time alone, and we are both getting on with our lives. When I see her we have such a good time and it’s like I've been away for next to no time. Just saves all those stupid arguments because we appreciate our time together so much more. And unlike people who have g/f or b/f at uni I know it’s not for ever and we will be together after we both finish uni. I think it works so well in my case as neither of us are jealous people and just want the best for each other.

Back
Top Bottom