Another spec me thread! - £2k

Soldato
If you decide to get a Galant, get yourself onto ClubVR-4.

Whilst primarily for the VR-4 derivative of the 8g Galant/Legnum, there's a wealth of knowledge for all Galant models, and many members have owned multiple models of Galant, from the 2.0 GLS to the 2.5 V6-24 (which is my suggested engine of choice!) to the VR-4.

whats the 2.5 like on fuel ?

Soldato
OP
nice, although it really needs lowering :p

Yeah, that was one of the first things I thought when I saw it actually, along with stiffening up the suspension.

Bigger wheels are desperately needed on 90% of Galants!

Or that!

Ok, interior shot:

interiorx.jpg

Soldato
OP
There are a couple of tiny little scrapes and scratches, but nothing really noticeable. Also a few scuffs round the door handles, and some scratches on the rear bumper just by the boot, otherwise it's spot on. =)

Man of Honour
The front bodywork looks immaculate. There's doesn't even seem to be a single stong chip on the bonnnet or front bumper?

Thats what pictures do - the front bumper of my car looks mint in the photos I posted whereas in reality despite having it resprayed in January 2007 I'm thinking of getting it done again to get rid of stonechips.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;14969980 said:
Thats what pictures do - the front bumper of my car looks mint in the photos I posted whereas in reality despite having it resprayed in January 2007 I'm thinking of getting it done again to get rid of stonechips.

How much did your bumper respray cost? Was the colour-match OK? Would like to get the front bumper of my e60 done.

Soldato
AAArrghuh that interior :( I couldn't live with that and thats coming from a ford owner! Shame because I quite like the way these look on the outside

Soldato
Looks in really great condition!

whats the 2.5 like on fuel ?

Absolutely hammering it around Swindon for a full tank (ie plenty of roundabouts and junctions, accelerating fiercely to the speed limit) I've had 25mpg from it.

On a motorway journey at ~70-80, I have returned 35mpg from it.

Doing a motorway journey at ~60, I've been able to get 39mpg from it.

So - very good, actually IMO!

Back
Top Bottom