** ANOTHER WEEKEND MEGADEAL: Samsung S27B970D ULTRA THIN LED PROFESSIONAL PLS MONITOR!! - £300 DISC

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Its not often we reduce a product by a whopping £300, but here you go, Pre-Order ONLY DEAL and the stock lands Monday, so get your orders in this weekend:-

Samsung S27B970D 27" Widescreen Ultra Thin LED Professional PLS Monitor - Matte Black @ £499.99 inc VAT

MO-187-SA_400.jpg

The trailblazing big-screen Samsung Series 9 introduces an exceptional generation of monitors, with superior visual advances from the industry’s five-year global market leader. Remarkable resolution and vivid brightness fill the screen edge to edge with the limitless colors of nature, delivering unrivaled
picture quality. Set on an elegant base with a sleek frame, the monitor renders intensely rich colors and astonishing detail, even at wide angles. Quite simply, the Series 9 outshines other screens.

Samsung’s exclusive technology automatically calibrates brilliant true-life color, taking the challenge out of choosing a monitor with premium picture quality. The Series 9 relives your memorable moments on the monitor in the vivid detail you remember.

Answering the need for higher resolution and precise detail editing, the Series 9 Monitor showcases
extraordinary picture quality without losing any color or perspective, even from ultra-wide angles.
Its WQHD technology enables the images to remain ultra-crisp with resolution that’s four times
higher than older conventional HD monitors.

With its slim and gleaming silhouette, the Samsung Series 9 showcases shimmering images that seem to display in mid-air. The crystal clear tempered glass screen enhances both the vivid images and the streamlined design. Innovative LED Touch UI delivers emotionally intimate engagement and satisfying results. Ports are artfully concealed in the back to highlight the stylish brushed aluminum hairline (HL) finish. Simply elegant, the Samsung Series 9 Monitor represents world-class innovation.

Defined by distinctive forward-looking and consumer-friendly design, the Samsung Series 9 Monitor is made for ongoing value. The Series 9 internal performance is as advanced as its striking exterior. Along with sensational good locks, you’ll discover intuitive and exacting technology as well as an ergonomic
Height Adjustment Stand (HAS) and tilt for comfortably customized viewing. The Samsung Series 9 offers unequaled simplicity.

Engineered to deliver unparalleled picture quality and consistently accurate all-natural color, the Samsung Series 9 works to make that experience as seamless as possible. Enjoy content from MHL-enabled smartphones and tablets with the benefit of richly displayed images and compelling audio. You also can simultaneously browse on smartphones and even charge devices.

The Samsung Series 9 premium monitor delivers the best in picture quality, style and connectivity. Its exclusive color technology renders vivid content, video, photos and more. This monitor sets the new standard for sophisticated and approachable design, appropriate for any décor. Multimedia connections are easy and seamless for all devices. The Samsung Series 9 will surpass your every expectation.

Specification:-
- Screen Size: 27" / 68cm (16:9)
- Type: PLS LED
- Brightness: 285cd/m (High Bright Mode), 220cd/m (Standard Mode)
- Contrast Ratio: Mega DCR (Static 1000:1)
- Resolution: 2560x1440 (Wide Quad-HD)
- Response Time: 5ms
- Viewing Angle: 178 / 178
- H/W Calibration Engine
- Connections: Dual Link DVI, DisplayPort, HDMI 1.4
- 2x7W Speakers
- USB Hub
- Dimensions: 645 x 467 x 247mm
- Warranty: 3yr
- Product Review: http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/monitors/1293385/samsung-series-9-s27b970d
- Product Videos: http://www.youtube.com/samsungmonitorglobal; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn3gsyEKzKQ&noredirect=1

Was [£799.99] Inc. VAT

Only £499.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
I never thought id ever see such a massive discount on this monitor, I actually seen one of these in action in the USA earlier this year, the picture this screen produces is amazing,

£300 off = WIN

Already pre-ordered :D thank you OCUK

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
3 sold already, were limited to 50pc or when stock lands as Samsung are giving us a nice rebate for units sold this weekend. :)

This is a blinding deal guys, still possibly the best 27" on the market, don't miss out and its payday as well. :D

L_D

L_D

Associate
Heheh - Saw your initial post Eulogy. At this price it is a no-brainer if you are after a top end monitor. I've ordered one also. I've been considering this monitor for a few weeks. Glad I waited!

Soldato
Heheh - Saw your initial post Eulogy. At this price it is a no-brainer if you are after a top end monitor. I've ordered one also. I've been considering this monitor for a few weeks. Glad I waited!

:p

I figure what the hell, YOLO right? I am coming from an NEC WMGX3 which is not a bad screen at all, but does suffer from some ghosting. By all accounts this one is better so I reckon it will be fine.

If I was going from 120hz back to this I may have struggled with the change, but having never had more than 60Hz it should be fine for my purposes.

If it's not that great for gaming in the end then I may just double up and use this for general purpose, and a second screen for fast paced games, but I've a good feeling this is going to be fine...

Also next month all of my standard purchases are going on my credit card until I get paid again. I've had an expensive few months!

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Good move guys.

Samsung made a huge loss on the 50pc, it was month end and they needed 50 units moved from a distributor, I named my price and they bit. :D

I doubt they will repeat this deal. :(

Soldato
Argh this is so tempting...

It's kinda like when Gibbo did that sick deal on the NEC 24WMGX3 24", luckily snapped the very last one up from OcUK, had it over 4 years now, maybe it's time to upgrade... :o

Associate
@HighlandeR, with regards to (semi-)glossy:
It looks like most people seem to hate the graininess of the matte surface, so they vouch for glossy.

Glossy does indeed offer a clearer image, but it also makes reflections more disturbing. I knew this would be a problem when I was buying my monitor (which is actually an HDTV), but because of all the people praising glossy and downplaying matte, I took a chance with a semi-glossy surface. BIG mistake! The reflections are simply awful to my eyes, even on a semi-glossy. I hope the next time I'm buying a monitor, there will still be monitors with matte surfaces...

Btw, it seems it has a GLASS front, which means it will be REALLY glossy. You'd better check the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn3gsyEKzKQ&noredirect=1 video for real-life footage. And I have to say, it's even worse than what I have.

Granted, opinions vary, and if you have full control of the ambient light sources, then glossy will naturally be a better choice. But if not, then you should be prepared for reflections.

Price-wise:
It's really a bargain. The next cheapest competitor sells it around £620. So that's a tangible £120 difference.

Conspiracy-theory-wise:
I think someone at Samsung has been keeping an eye on the forums, and saw the lashing that the Dell U2713HM has been getting for its backlight bleed problems, and realized an opportunity to offer an alternative for these people. Or a Samsung-fan might have tipped them off. Or OCUK themselves might have suggested this to Samsung, too. But in any case, this is a good PR jump for Samsung, indeed. And quite frankly, Dell has nobody to blame except themselves.

@Gibbo:
The description doesn't tell whether it's a wide gamut or standard gamut?

Soldato
@HighlandeR, with regards to (semi-)glossy:
It looks like most people seem to hate the graininess of the matte surface, so they vouch for glossy.

Glossy does indeed offer a clearer image, but it also makes reflections more disturbing. I knew this would be a problem when I was buying my monitor (which is actually an HDTV), but because of all the people praising glossy and downplaying matte, I took a chance with a semi-glossy surface. BIG mistake! The reflections are simply awful to my eyes, even on a semi-glossy. I hope the next time I'm buying a monitor, there will still be monitors with matte surfaces...

Btw, it seems it has a GLASS front, which means it will be REALLY glossy. You'd better check the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn3gsyEKzKQ&noredirect=1 video for real-life footage. And I have to say, it's even worse than what I have.

Granted, opinions vary, and if you have full control of the ambient light sources, then glossy will naturally be a better choice. But if not, then you should be prepared for reflections.

Thank you for the honest answer most guys that had spent £500 or £800 on a screen would have just admitted its the best upgrade ever, yeah I am unsure I could handle a glossy screen while the glass makes colours and image quality sharper like they all say, it may not be any good if all you can see is yourself attempting to kill the baddie during gaming.... you may appear to look full on gormless and an idiot:D

I could imagine playing a game like BF4 getting killed and then looking at my useless self !

I assume the above is one of the main issues ?

I saw the videos thanks and yeah all you could see was the cameraman and himself during the video, he did say the more lights you have the worse it is, sadly lights are part of life!

I have one bright light above me where I sit in front of the pc, the tft usually is hidden behind a corner so away from the window but I can just imagine any light in the room causing the issue.

Thanks I think ill wait for cheaper or better screens I was about to click the button before I read it was glossy !

Associate
Another issue with glossy is web browsing on darker background pages or gaming on darker levels, like dungeons, etc. If you have a white (or light colored in general) wall behind your back, the monitor will reflect it quite efficiently, and wash out the colors. Thus making reading more of a pain, and breaking the immersion in games.

Associate
Is the Samsung S27B970D better than the Asus PB278Q?

Just read this >> http://www.overclock.net/t/1341594/samsung-s27b970d-vs-asus-pb278q

I have compared both of these monitors side by side - I stuck with the Asus as the whites looked grey behind the Samsung glass front. It might have been a one off, I'm not sure. The images on both are superb and the Samsung is a better looking monitor to have on your desktop but for me the extra £150 for the Samsung wasn't worth it - and I'd like to VESA mount it later on which isn't possible with the Samsung.

Still dead pleased with the Asus - two 780's and it runs like a charm. Good luck with whichever you go for. :D

Back
Top Bottom