** ANOTHER WEEKEND MEGADEAL: Samsung S27B970D ULTRA THIN LED PROFESSIONAL PLS MONITOR!! - £300 DISC

Associate
Damn, this is tempting but my poor old gpu can't really make good use of all those extra pixels. Was planning on holding out till next year for the new cards and upgrade the monitor at the same time. Then again, when is the next time these will be this price again? Decision, decisions...

Soldato
Damn, this is tempting but my poor old gpu can't really make good use of all those extra pixels. Was planning on holding out till next year for the new cards and upgrade the monitor at the same time. Then again, when is the next time these will be this price again? Decision, decisions...

It will either never be this price again or it may be when it is completely obsolete. It will likely be discontinued before that happens, however. I am not usually this blunt but at this price if you even considering a new 27" monitor and think the WQHD resolution would be nice then you should go for it. The S27B970D is quite a special monitor, one of my favourites actually. The way it is all set up from the factory, the overall design, the quality control (much better than competing models from Dell, ViewSonic and ASUS) is all very nice. The responsiveness is decent as well, certainly when it comes to pixel responsiveness anyway. It has a fair bit of input lag but many people would find that level fine for gaming. If they do take issue with it then the other options (such as Dell U2713HM) probably won't be massively appealing either! I've got a review up on my website written from primarily a 'gaming perspective' as well.

This really is a storming offer from OcUK and one you might just kick yourself for missing out on.

Soldato
I was looking at this a few months back and I'm glad I didn't pick it up then! I had to get it on finance as I'm already up to my neck in expenditure this month, what with buying an unlocked 5s from apple!

Soldato
Another issue with glossy is web browsing on darker background pages or gaming on darker levels, like dungeons, etc. If you have a white (or light colored in general) wall behind your back, the monitor will reflect it quite efficiently, and wash out the colors. Thus making reading more of a pain, and breaking the immersion in games.

Such a shame they did not sell them in normal matt option, the Samsung is still one of the top or best 27" screens going on the market.

£499.99 should be the normal price anyhow.

Hopefully we get some newer 27" panels due soon :)

Soldato
Such a shame they did not sell them in normal matt option, the Samsung is still one of the top or best 27" screens going on the market.

£499.99 should be the normal price anyhow.

Hopefully we get some newer 27" panels due soon :)

I'm sure there's a matte version of this product, I looked at it while considering this

Associate
Do overclockers take the money straight away I need to get to my bank monday morning to put enough cash in to cover this monitor have £160 in the bank at the moment an over £1000 cash in my wallet lol.
Samsung sell a matt screen version of the monitor S27B971D i think.

Last edited:
Associate
Worst for me have the cash but not where it's needed in my bank account have no credit cards because paying interest is for suckers.
At least it's not the samsung 971 with the matt screen overclockers is selling for £499 that would been perfect for me still not sure about glossy screen but its such nice looking monitor will see if its still available Monday for same price.

Last edited:
Associate
Worst for me have the cash but not where it's needed in my bank account have no credit cards because paying interest is for suckers.
At least it's not the samsung 971 with the matt screen overclockers is selling for £499 that would been perfect for me still not sure about glossy screen but its such nice looking monitor will see if its still available Monday for same price.

If you pay off your credit cards promptly then you don't pay interest..

Back
Top Bottom