1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** ANOTHER WEEKEND MEGADEAL: Samsung S27B970D ULTRA THIN LED PROFESSIONAL PLS MONITOR!! - £300 DISC

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Gibbo, 27 Sep 2013.

1. pumaknight

Associate

Bought one. Thank you OCUK. Was sitting on fence and that price gave me a huge push off. Now of course, i might need a new pc to run it....roll on October for shiny new and gpu cards and prodigy cases.:)

2. spike2011

Hitman

Been waiting all day still not delivered yet surprose to be between 8am to 6pm :(

3. L_D

Gangster

I ordered one which has arrived ok.

Spike - did you get an email with your 1 hour delivery window?

Assume you got your 'shipped' email from ocuk? If so have you tried the tracking link?

Mine is up and running. Came with an EU plug though - had to steal a figure 8 lead from a printer.

4. Cosmic Schwung

Gangster

Check you're tracking info. It's pretty comprehensive and will even show you where the van is although at this point it's probably back at the depot. The guy delivering mine couldn't find the address, apparently. Never mind, another day's wait won't kill me.

5. Alasdairhurst

Wise Guy

My delivery got delayed by DPD for some unknown reason so it should be coming tomorrow.

6. spike2011

Hitman

Monitor been stuck in Exeter since 8.30 am today it's not coming today will be waiting all day tomorrow now least I've got the week off work.

7. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

well said. Hate glossy screens tbh.

do they do a Matt version of this monitor?

8. Cosmic Schwung

Gangster

Yes, the S27B971D.

9. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

How much in ocuk?

10. Credo

Wise Guy

Mine came at 12:30 today, been using it all day in a daylight-lit room. Yes, there are reflections, but not too bad at all even with a light on above the screen. I find if I'm focusing on what's on screen I don't see the reflections, it's only when I de-focus or actually look at the reflection I see it. But the clarity is so stunning compared to the Dell U2713HM I returned, it's night and day. The colours look painted on the glass. In comparison the Dell looks like it has a pair of tights stretched across the screen. No matter how close I get to text on the Samsung, I see just very, very clear text, no pixels or anti-glare fuzz. Having used both I'm absolutely fine with the glass front because I see the benefits outweighing the disadvantage. Zero dead pixels and just PLS glow, no stupid backlight bleed.

Gaming is definitely more responsive than the Dell too, less motion blur on a fast FPS.

And - last but not least - physically it's stunning.

11. Gibbo

Commissario

You guys did well.
    Samsung refusing to repeat or do a deal on the 971 version.

12. ironmysox

Gangster

Hoping mine will be here tomorrow, placed order Monday, email says shipped today but DPD still says "We've received your order details, and we're expecting your parcel shortly" @ 19:00 Stoke.

13. Credo

Wise Guy

Very much appreciate the deal, nicely timed for me and good service from OCUK in returning my not so good Dell.

14. spike2011

Hitman

Sounds great Credo hope to get mine today it's stuck at DPD depot in Exeter no reason given just parcel is delayed.
    Not worried at all about getting too many reflections got good light control in my room as you said Credo you get benefits with glass to.

Edit 4.10pm an my monitor still in the Exeter wonder if I get it today.

Last edited: 2 Oct 2013
  15. shamus21

Wise Guy

I would be surprised if they would do a deal on 971.

16. woody79

Gangster

my one turned up today my god it does look so sexy,comparing it to my acer 120 hz screen ,just been playing bf4 at max settings and res struggling around 44-50 fps with a 780 gtx

17. HighlandeR

Capodecina

Nice and thx for the review, as with anything it takes time to adjust and get use to something :)

18. HighlandeR

Capodecina

thanks for trying with Samsung, more so with the 971 version.

Been patiently waiting 6 years with my trusty screen guess can wait more, and then there are always those rumoured IPS faster panels due !

19. ChaosdaJoker

Gangster

The monitor does indeed come with a euro plug, I contacted OCUK and they where unaware that they shipped like this, so are sending out the UK plug for it,

I used a temp plug for it for now, and this monitor is amazing, I was completely blown away at how this monitor preforms, I wish I had bought it a year ago now.

20. Judge Mental

Wise Guy

Took delivery of mine today. It is a lovely piece of kit, superb clarity and no dead pixels. The only thing that lets it down is the old scabby desk beneath it.