** ANOTHER WEEKEND MEGADEAL: Samsung S27B970D ULTRA THIN LED PROFESSIONAL PLS MONITOR!! - £300 DISC

Associate
That is bad luck with your samsung monitor mine has no marks/ dirt can you see it when it's in desktop if everything else is ok with the monitor I would keep at £499 still wouldn't be happy though.
Of course get a refund if you can get another 970 at the same price you paid.

Last edited:
Associate
I read on a review somewhere you can loosen the screws holding the metal band that surrounds the screen and remove the glass. Be careful if you do because the panel is less robust than monitors without a glass front.

Associate
I read on a review somewhere you can loosen the screws holding the metal band that surrounds the screen and remove the glass. Be careful if you do because the panel is less robust than monitors without a glass front.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/samsung_s27b970d.htm

The glass coating is actually a sheet applied in front of the panel as you can see from the above photo. If you dismantle the screen you can pop this front cover off pretty easily which is handy if you ever found dust or anything trapped behind the protective layer. Obviously you can't pop this front off without unscrewing the metal trim (along the bottom edge of the screen) which is what was done for the photo above.

Soldato
Shame it is not quite so sweet as last time. This will require further consideration...

Edit: Link is broke. Last minute change of heart on the price?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom