1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another X-Fi question

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by M!!cook, 3 May 2006.

1. M!!cook

PermaBanned

I am wanting to upgrade my sound card as i just got my PC165 headset through and i want to use it off the sound card and not usb, i also want to use my surround sound.

Confused? good.....
    during the day (when sick ;) ) i want to have it on my 5500 then parents go to bed missus gone home, i need the headset. but.... i dont wanna be routin round the back of my pc to swap them over.

Can i have my speakers connected to the card and then when i want my head set on, connect that to the front?

any help would be wkd!

2. Firegod

Sgarrista

There is an option in the software for auto-sense headphone connection, but I don't know if that means around the back in the actual card. I know when I plug mine in I go under the desk and whip out the connection for left/right speakers and plug my headphones in there.

Perhaps someone may know for defo? :)

3. nikebee

Capodecina

hey mate

the X-Fi control panel has got "auto mute speakers" in the headphones section :)

as soon as you stick headphones into your machine it will mute the speakers.

4. M!!cook

PermaBanned

Ok, Thanks for that!
    But... if the auto mute takes place, where do the headphones plug in? in the card of the X-Fi front unit. If in the back i have my speakers in there.

5. nikebee

Capodecina

not sure mate, using speedlink medusas here and they've got their own amp thingy...
    could always just turn off your speakers?

6. Day03

Gangster

I've got the speakers and headphones plugged in at the same time, get a splitter for the 3.5mm jack

7. M!!cook

PermaBanned

using the spliter... will that decrease the quality?

8. Steveh_monkey

Gangster

I've used a jack plug splitter for ages, I don't think there's any decrease in quality, and if there is, it's not noticeable.

9. M!!cook

PermaBanned

any more info on the splitter you use?
    My question other question... the front unit for the card. can i plug my head set into that? and if so will that automute the speakers?
    love yall!
    honest!

10. split

Mobster

I made a post here on the methods I have used to set up speakers / headphones.
    It has types of splitter in.

If you want gold plated, then you can buy it.